Ray Roberts Hybrid Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Roberts Hybrid Trip

Group of co-workers headed to Ray Roberts on a guided trip a couple weeks ago and had a ball. We had a fish in the boat five minutes after we started and was headed back to the dock with a limit 2 hours later. We caught and released as many as we kept. We used shad and if they were hooked in the lip they went back. We added several sand bass and a few catfish to boot.
    Had a great time on my first time on that lake.
    Attached Files

Hybrids have never been stocked into ray roberts. Do you mean ray hubbard?

Comment

Yeah had to have been Ray Hubbard. Have fished Ray Roberts all my life and never caught hybrids just sandies

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That scenery can’t be Hubbard. Been all over it and have never seen that dock or those kind of trees on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            Hybrids have never been stocked into ray roberts. Do you mean ray hubbard?
            Record for the lake is 7.45 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
              Group of co-workers headed to Ray Roberts on a guided trip a couple weeks ago and had a ball. We had a fish in the boat five minutes after we started and was headed back to the dock with a limit 2 hours later. We caught and released as many as we kept. We used shad and if they were hooked in the lip they went back. We added several sand bass and a few catfish to boot.
              Had a great time on my first time on that lake.
              Looks like a fun day of fishing!

Comment

Nice haul

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                  Yeah had to have been Ray Hubbard. Have fished Ray Roberts all my life and never caught hybrids just sandies
                  Me either fish it 2-3 times a week and never seen that set of docks and that wall in the back ground.

Comment

That is 100% not Ray Roberts. There are no sea walls on Ray Roberts. There are only a handful of hybrids in the lake. The record was caught by a guide who fished the lake for 30+ years and that was the only one he ever caught.

Looks like a fun trip anyway.
                    Last edited by adam_p; 07-12-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                      I have most definitely caught hybrids out of Ray Roberts. Or at least out of the spillway below the lake. If they’re in the spillway I’d assume they’re in the lake.
                      Last edited by ShredLikeRed; 07-12-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                        I have most definitely caught hybrids out of Ray Roberts. Or at least out of the spillway below the lake. If they’re in the spillway I’d assume they’re in the lake b
                        The spillway ones come up from Lewisville.

The only credible one I've ever heard of was the lake record that Lindy caught.

There probably are a few but there dang sure aren't enough that guides are targeting them.

Comment

Richland Chambers..... hell being old! Must have been to early this morning when I posted this???

Comment

Def not ray Roberts but nice trip.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              That is 100% not Ray Roberts. There are no sea walls on Ray Roberts. There are only a handful of hybrids in the lake. The record was caught by a guide who fished the lake for 30+ years and that was the only one he ever caught.

Looks like a fun trip anyway.

Agreed....Roberts is a Corps lake with no seawalls. It was my home lake.... I fished it for years and been all over it. I think the only boat docks are at the marina and they are floaters.

Never known hybrids to be stocked it that lake. But hey .....stranger things have happened and I reserve the right to be wrong...

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                              I have most definitely caught hybrids out of Ray Roberts. Or at least out of the spillway below the lake. If they’re in the spillway I’d assume they’re in the lake b

I've caught the same fish years and years ago in the 90s and early 2000s. Biggest was 12.3. They are coming up from Lewisville....just like 99% of the other fish you catch down there. They are there for the smorgasbord of baitfish that also come up for the highly oxygenated water created by the spillway.
                              Last edited by Smart; 07-12-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X