Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any public land hunting out here in West Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm a dumbass. You already said where you live. I'm in Midland too. I know of some public land in San Angelo that's not WMA. My brother and I are thinking about going for spring turkey. My e-mail's davilape@ector-county.k12.tx.us E-mail me and maybe you could go along too.

Comment

If you check out the drawn hunts booklet and all the rules and regs for them there is acertain line there that tells how many hunts were available for that hunt and how many hunters applied for those available the year before and their success ratio. Pay close attention and you might notice that there might be/or were 8-10 slots available and like 1480 applications @10 bucks an application, now muliply that for all of the drawn hunts that they have in all of the areas and you might notice that there is a lot of money going somewhere, and a whole lot of disappointed hunters. Still "if you get drawn" look at the success ratio, it is real hard to go somewhere you've never been and scout and score in a day or two. Not saying it doesn't happen, but is just something to consider. Hmmm, 8 spots a kzillion apps., my luck, think I'll keep my 10 spot

Comment

Hey Don

Hey Don, I havent been on here in a long time. Had another baby and stuff got in the way of my hunting LOL Did you guys turkey hunt??? How was it, you gonna deer hunt??? Holler at me, I would like to here more about the Culberson county hunting guys, what all do you know about it. Im out there a lot and you see some game but its few and far between, nice muleys there when you can find them!
        Thanks
        DannyG

Comment

I'm in Midland too and looking for a good place to hunt. Any one from West Texas have any good ideas?

Comment

yA'LL buy the beer and I'll show ya around the whole Twin Buttes area,LOL. Hunted there for several years. The deer lease I'm on now also abuts the public hunting areas. Unit 1 is one of the best spots and very few people know about how to get there (no signs, entrance hard to find) my place is along the boundry of unit 4. I filled my tags out the last year and only saw a very few handful of other hunters all season. Avoid unit 2 at all costs. Its a waste of time and overrun with military guys from the base and weekenders on 4 wheelers.

Comment

Thanks! I'll take you up on that

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                Thanks! I'll take you up on that
                Rich

I returned your email this AM, check your box. 1 thing I wanted to add to what I sent ya.....try to come for your hunt during the week (NOT wknds) and you'll have a much better success rate. Check lunar cycle too, and try to set it up for a new moon phase time of the month or half moon at best and hope for a little cloud cover to keep temp down

Comment

Working...
                X