Baker Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker Ranch

I've been asked to go on a hunt, to this place, on two different occasions.
    Has any one been there for their Blackbuck or Axis hunts?

Just go, it will be a lotta fun.

Comment

The reason I'm asking is because I've been to many "pay before you hunt" type places, as well as "pay for what you kill" type places. Typically, the "pay before" places are overhunted and shot out. I normally have much better luck on the "pay for the kill" because the owner/manager WANTS you to kill because that's how he mas his money and he's willing to put you where you'll see animals. On the flip side, the others make money when you don't kill, so they are seldom as helpful. I swore that I'd never hunt that type operation again, (for exotics) but it's very tempting.

Comment

This is for the July hunt right?
        I believe RonaldB and Chunky both have been.I was told there are a lot of freeranging axis and blackbucks but its not a giveme hunt either. I guess after July I will know if it was worth it or not.

Comment

Yeah, July AND there's another group going at the end of this month. I just got the call about that one last night.

Comment

I was trying to find my other post, I went last year in June. What are you planning on hunting? What are your expectations?

Comment

The hunt at the end of this is some kind of special deal that an outfitter worked out. $300 for unlimited axis doe and unlimited blackbuck doe. Axis bucks and blackbucks are $500 extra, each. It’s a 2 ½ day hunt with scouting on Thursday.

I've been on these types of hunts before and I just want to make sure that we'll actually SEE animals.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Especially if, as you say, there are animals there

Comment

I hope you go in July cause that would save me shipping cost for you to mount my new world record Axis buck.

Keep me informed about how the hunt goes this month, whether you go or not.

Comment

Agdog (Randall) is going in March with a group to the Baker Ranch. He should be able to answer some questions.

Comment

They had lots of Axis deer last year when I went. We saw some really huge bucks. They were bugling everywhere. If I went back I would take my gametamer and hoochie mama call. They are wild and you will have a hard time killing one, but you will see them and if you get lucky you get one. I didn't see that many blackbucks on the ranch.

Comment

I agree with Sean; just go because you will have fun and it is a beautiful ranch. I went on the March hunt and saw a TON of axis driving around...and missed a decent axis buck 30 minutes after I got into my pop-up the first day...saw lots of whitetail does and turkeys also

Comment

Working...
                        X