I love fletching my own arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love fletching my own arrows

I recently bought an Arizona ez fletch, and let me tell ya, I love it! I decided that I wanted to re-fletch my deer crossing arrows so I have the helical I want before I sight in my new single-pin trophy ridge pursuit, so I got to work. Took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, and they are just as good as if a pro shop had done them. Will post pics in a second

[ATTACH]560940[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Very cool. Nice job.

Comment

never done it myself... may have to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
            never done it myself... may have to learn
            I was skeptical about doing it at first, but the Arizona ez fletch delivers as advertised. My 10 year old brother has used it successfully already

Comment

Best $20 I think I've ever spent! I've been fletching my own for about 3yrs now and I love it! I've got a bunch of colors of vanes and play around all a lot lol

Comment

Any tips you can offer on getting the right amount of glue or maybe the best type of glue to use on them? Mine seem to run a bit toward the nock when I apply them. Could be a matter of me just using too much glue but I have been wanting to ensure that they stay on.

Comment

Nice job. A quality jig makes the task at hand very enjoyable. Especially when the weather is dismal n rainy. I just did a 100+ arrows for our 4H club. It's quite relaxing I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jasco View Post
                    Any tips you can offer on getting the right amount of glue or maybe the best type of glue to use on them? Mine seem to run a bit toward the nock when I apply them. Could be a matter of me just using too much glue but I have been wanting to ensure that they stay on.
                    I run an extremely thin bead down the little furrow of my blazer about 3/4 of the way down the vane, then spread it around with the nozzle of the bottle. I have had some good results doing this

Comment

Nice job. I do mine also. It gives you a sence of pride.

Comment

I'm gonna try this pretty soon.Good looking arrows by the way.

Comment

With my EZ fletch and blazers or fusions, I've found the best glue is Loctite Superglue Gel. Little black bottle with blue squeeze grips on the side. I apply a tiny dot at the front, middle, and back of the vane, then use a toothpick to spread it into a VERY thin film. Use a light to see your coverage. Sometimes after they set I will add a drop to the front and back of the vane also.

Comment

Good looking killin sticks.

Comment

nice fletching but look at those arrows , the best arrow in the market

Comment

Working...
                              X