Broadhead Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead Accuracy

Need some advice for my son. He shoots Carbon Express Mayhem 150 arrows with 100 gr field points spot on at 30 yes. His bow is set at 55 lbs. When he uses Muzzy Trocar broad heads he shoots high and to the left. When I shoot the Muzzy's I am dead on, using Beman ICS Hunter arrow. Now, when he switched to a Shwacker 100 gr he had no problem. Any ideas as to why? I thought he was having torque issues until he shot the Shwacker. BTW we learned the hard way mot to shoot Shwackers through the mesh in the blind. The blades deployed at the mesh, and he put a bad shot on a buck. Thank God we found it the next morning. Any advice would be appreciated.

He has a small tuning issue. You won't see it with the swackers due to the streamlined profile. But when you get a broadhead with a larger profile, the arrows poi will be affected more.

Comment

Look up broadhead tuning on YouTube.

Comment

^ what he said. Bow ain't tuned. I recommend shooting it through paper then doing a walk back tune. I would check the broadheads after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
          ^ what he said. Bow ain't tuned. I recommend shooting it through paper then doing a walk back tune. I would check the broadheads after that.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Broadhead tune as the others have said.

Comment

^^^ broadhead tuning.

Comment

raise the nocking point first
                then move rest towards bow (rh shooter)

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyboy View Post
                  Need some advice for my son. He shoots Carbon Express Mayhem 150 arrows with 100 gr field points spot on at 30 yes. His bow is set at 55 lbs. When he uses Muzzy Trocar broad heads he shoots high and to the left. When I shoot the Muzzy's I am dead on, using Beman ICS Hunter arrow. Now, when he switched to a Shwacker 100 gr he had no problem. Any ideas as to why? I thought he was having torque issues until he shot the Shwacker. BTW we learned the hard way mot to shoot Shwackers through the mesh in the blind. The blades deployed at the mesh, and he put a bad shot on a buck. Thank God we found it the next morning. Any advice would be appreciated.
                  one more reason why not to shoot muzzys.
                  not really, the bow is just not tuned exactly right.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                    X