Pigman changes teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
    I am the only guy I know that shoots a Bear. It is a 2012 Carnage. And I bought it because it fit and felt better than any Matthews, PSE, or fill in the blank that the shop had on the shelf. I shot everything in the store that would accommodate my monkey arms and that was it for me. I have used it to kill deer, WT and Axis, a blackbuck, rams and goats, and a few pigs.
    I have a Bear Carnage and it shoots great. Im not even sure I knew who Pigman was when I bought it. At the time I lived about 5 minutes away from a cabelas and could go in and shot all their bows.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Freaking G-Man is awesome!

I noticed recently (and Im probably late as hell) the primos boys aren't shooting Bear any more either. Curious to see where they (bear) end up in the future as they were one of the first bows I owned!
      The Primos guys have been shooting Mathews for as long as i can remember. Its the Major League Bowhunter guys that just switched last year from Bear to Mathews.

Pigman has been with Bear a long time. Its the only hunting show i watch mostly besides MLB and Heartland BH. He shot a couple different brands when his show first started. Quest then Hoyt. I think Hoyt didnt like his direction because they pulled him pretty quick. Hes been with Bear since like season 3 out of 9 seasons.
      If i remember correctly, he said something about Bear like " if bear fired me today, i would still shoot them because its the best bow company on earth" or something like that.
      He does pimp out the gun companies though.

Comment

I bet the same guys dogging him are the same ones thst blew a gasket on the Morgan's switching from Elite back to Mathews

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          As a bow salesman, I’ve never had a customer say Pigman shoots _______, so I’ll take one of those.
          Ditto I have been selling bows for 7 plus years and the only thing I have ever heard about pigman is what an A@@ he is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
            Ditto I have been selling bows for 7 plus years and the only thing I have ever heard about pigman is what an A@@ he is!!
            I have little doubt that there are some here who wear Pigman underwear. The guy is like fingernails on a chalk board.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              I have little doubt that there are some here who wear Pigman underwear. The guy is like fingernails on a chalk board.
              I like him because he says whats on his mind. And I dont wear underwear

Comment

he doesn't hunt much anymore....all about the $$$$

Don't blame him

Comment

Met him.
                  My Wife's family is from Groesbeck area.
                  Was a very nice guy and took time to talk to my nieces for a good amount of time when they met him..

Havent heard anyone that actually met him say anything derogatory about him..

Business is business.
                  I shoot elite.

Keith on the other hand.. that guys a complete jerk.
                  Never inviting me to Mexico.. or on hog hunts... or giving me free ****...

wait.. ok..he did give me a free pigman hat once waaaaaay back when pig was getting started on his own stuff....
                  but other than that...hes lowest of the low...
                  Last edited by systemnt; 01-09-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I'm tidal when it comes to his show. He's had me wanting to change the channel over his attitude towards ranch guys sometimes. But I enjoy the less refined hosting and really good footage he captures. As far as what they shoot, as an industry, there will always be sheep who drink the koolaid and wolves who don't. All I can say is bow wow.

Comment

Obsession must have freed up a few bucks letting Chris Brackett go

Comment

My son and I watched both volumes of the newest Monster Bucks videos (all hunts from 2016) and it seemed that the majority of the bows I saw on there being shot by the "pros" were Bear Archery bows.
                        Last edited by Codie; 01-09-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

It's funny thinking about all this.

I have always picked a bow by design features, and speed.
                          I want 7" brace
                          Prefer split limbs, but also like limbs that are not drilled horizontally
                          A system to help cam lean, and timing
                          Minimum Ibo 335
                          So far that's included Mathews monsters,and several bowtechs
                          Don't really care about brand

Comment

No offense to anyone but I wouldnt take any advice from Pigman. I am sure he trumps me in experience and time afield due to his profession, but he just flat annoys me and rubs me the wrong way. To each his own though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I'd never heard of an obsession bow 10 minutes ago....marketing works.
                              Get out from under that rock Dale!

Comment

Gotta pay the bills. I'd shoot a Matthews if'n they was payin me!

Comment

Working...
                                X