Houston Texans to extend Bill Obrien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
    I agree with the above. O'Brian was doing a great job when he had a healthy team. The offense was the highest scoring offense on the field in the 6 games Watson played.
    Rick Smith is the reason we had last years debacle in Osweiler which ultimately led to losing the second round draft pick to dump him. I also think they mishandled the Duane Brown trade. While i hated Brown's attitude and view of the team, he is after all one of the better linemen in the league. They also dropped the ball and did not retain Bouye and Demps.

Why wait so many years to draft a QB in the first round? That QB carousel the past several seasons could have been avoided. Houston has an elite receiver with a couple good ones tossed in, a young promising RB, and (had) a great defense.

The next year or two will tell the tale on how well the team can bounce back after getting out from under Smith.
    If the talent isn’t in the draft, why waste your pick? I think they’ve picked really well, atleast their first round picks.

The next head coach of the Texans is mike vrabel if he’s still the DC when they fire BoB

Comment

I would give him one year with a new G M just to see if the G M was the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        If the talent isn’t in the draft, why waste your pick? I think they’ve picked really well, atleast their first round picks.

The next head coach of the Texans is mike vrabel if he’s still the DC when they fire BoB
        The last time the Texans drafted a QB in the first round was WAYYY back in 2002 when they got David Carr.

There have been several serviceable QB's to come out that could have been taken/traded up to take. Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Derek Carr. Not saying any of these guys would or would not have succeeded here.
        While any of these guys may or may not have been available, Houston failed to jump and reach for anything.

Comment

"We'd gladly take Bill O'Brien to be our head coach"~Cowboy Fans

Comment

How many blown 2 min offenses has he called

How many timeouts left on the board as time expired

How many non adjustments has he made

How many dumbfounded looks on the sidelines

" I have to coach better"
            We didn't execute
            I have to find a better way to coach
            I have to figure out a better scheme for our players

4 years of the same regurgitated BS gets old

He acts like he is Bill Beliechek with 1/12 of the resume

Comment

BOB will do just fine next year, heck think how the Browns fans feel....An d yea the 2nd and third string play like second and third because they are.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

We didn't execute

For the most part, Texan's fans have expected him to win a super bowl without a quarterback, and with a lot of key injuries....at least he's trying to take it on himself, rather than throwing someone else under the bus. Have you ever seen Brock Oswanker attempt to quarterback? Or any of the nobody's before him???

I thought BoB did a **** fine job with Watson while he had him, and the defense was already beat up then. I would fault him for not starting Watson from day 1, and yes I said that from day 1.

Comment

Really, look at what he had to work with. Especially this year !! Half the team literally was hurt including our 2 best players. Bill O'Brien is a good coach. Firing him would be LUDICROUS.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

We didn't execute

I agree a 100%. I am sick and tired every Sunday hearing him say “it is all my fault, I take full reaponsibility”.

Also, if y’all remember he told the media and all the fans that Watson was not ready and savage was his starter and that’s that. First game of the season savage gets blasted and Watson showed what he had.

BOB cannot coach.

Will always be a Texans fan but not happy with our leadership. And the whole Rick Smith thing sounds like a farce. After McNair’s comments about the inmates running the prison no way he was gonna fire Rick. NO WAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Wasn't his fault they lost their quarterback.

Comment

Now if we can just get them to understand that without spending money and/or drafting an offensive line, it won't matter who is QB or RB, we won't move the ball consistently.

My draft wishes would be in the following order:
                        1. Offensive linemen
                        2. Secondary
                        3. linebackers

Comment

If you need proof that the problem with the Texans was at the GM and higher... look at the league and their GMs.

Texans drop their "terrible" coach Kubiak/Wade Phillips. Denver picks em up and they win a super bowl in that first year with excellent players, etc all put into place by their obviously very football knowledgeable GM.

Keenum looks to be doing pretty decent behind a well built team.

Osweiler... do I really have to drum this one up... Denver ain't gonna pay that much for somebody who is essentially a decent backup/transition QB... lets Texans blow the bank instead... The world then gets to see how terrible of a QB he is in a system not setup around him (he was probably picked to play a specific system built around a different superstar!)

I mean seriously.... For all you fatansy football kings out there... one thing you should have been able to figure out, is that it doesn't just come down to play calling... it is getting the right play caller paired up with the right players on both sides of the ball. It isn't like there is just one way to win a ring... teams have done it differently for years... it all boils down to getting the right equation down and it is the GM that gets to assemble that team.

So... you may not like Billy... but I bet you'd be happier with him if he had a GM that built the team to his coaching strengths and play calling.

Comment

I cant believe so many people still watch the NFL much less care so much...

Comment

At least y’all dont have Jerry Jones and Garrett ��

Comment

Bruce arians for GM!

Comment

Working...
                                X