F250 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 question

I recently bought a 2016 f250 crew cab 4x4 diesel standard bed. I feel a slight vibration when going down the road. My wife says it's not as bad as I think it is, but all I have to compare it to is her Toyota tundra 4x4 and my 87 lift square body Chevy with straight axles. Hers is really smooth and my 87 is rough lol. It maybe normal ride for this truck. Anyone drive one of these and notice it? It's on the fine line of not bothering me to being a bit annoying at times.

My 2015 f250 6.2 had a slight vibration so I went and had the tires ballanced and rotated and the vibration went away.

Comment

I have a 2016 F250 CCSB Short Bed with the 6.2 gas. I have never noticed any vibration at all. I just rolled over 5000 miles.
      Could it be an out of balance tire or slightly out of round drive shaft?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a thread about a guy having a shake on a new Ford, f150 I think. Not sure whatever came of it. But I'd check tire balance and drive shaft ( ujoints/ center support bearing) first.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrellv View Post
          My 2015 f250 6.2 had a slight vibration so I went and had the tires ballanced and rotated and the vibration went away.
          I thought I had thrown a wheel weight but looked and they all seem to be there. Hoping to see if I can get it into tire shop tomorrow to see.

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          I have a 2016 F250 CCSB Short Bed with the 6.2 gas. I have never noticed any vibration at all. I just rolled over 5000 miles.
          Could it be an out of balance tire or slightly out of round drive shaft?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
          Hoping it is something simple.
          Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
          There was a thread about a guy having a shake on a new Ford, f150 I think. Not sure whatever came of it. But I'd check tire balance and drive shaft ( ujoints/ center support bearing) first.
          I remembered that thread thinking it was a 250 and went and read through it. Seems to be a common f150 question on Ford forums. Answers range from its normal to drive shaft to tires to u joints to never knowing. I might see if I can get a dealership to let me drive a similar one to see.

Comment

Mine runs pretty smooth, 2015 70k miles.

Comment

I have read that if a vehicle sits on the lot for a while, the tires can mis-shappen due to it sitting in one place. This can cause a vibration that changes depending on speed, much like an out of balance tire. Eventually the tire goes back to normal and the vibration goes away.

I don't know if this is it or not but it is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                Mine runs pretty smooth, 2015 70k miles.
                May have to con you into a ride Billy so I can compare.

Comment

Took it to discount this morning. Each tire was 1-2 oz off balance and they said every tire has a wobble to it. See what happens after a trip to the Ford house.

Comment

If I bought a 2016 F250 and it had ANY problems....including the console lid latch clicking too loud...id be taking it back to the dealer..

Comment

Just because you see wheel weights does not mean your tires are balanced.

Comment

Working...
                      X