When's a whisker biscuit worn out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When's a whisker biscuit worn out.

It's the only rest I've ever shot and it's always worked for me. But I've got 4 years into my current one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438649601.851682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	25062595
    I know it's cheap to replace but never put much thought into it.
    Just wondering what the hallmarks are for replacement.
    I also found this video kind of interesting.

As soon as you put it on your bow .

Time for a drop away rest!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      As soon as you put it on your bow .

Time for a drop away rest!

Kinda figured that would be the first answer I got. .

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        Kinda figured that would be the first answer I got. .

Even though it's silly.

Comment

That has plenty of life left. When the bottom of the whiskers have an half oval shape it's time to replace. Best hunting rest ever made. It will NEVER fail.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            That has plenty of life left. When the bottom of the whiskers have an half oval shape it's time to replace. Best hunting rest ever made. It will NEVER fail.
            unless you are hunting up in Nebraska and a cold front moves in and you go from freezing rain to 20°......then you can consider it failed because it is hard as a rock........I love the ole WB......but they can fail

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
              unless you are hunting up in Nebraska and a cold front moves in and you go from freezing rain to 20°......then you can consider it failed because it is hard as a rock........I love the ole WB......but they can fail
              The rest doesn't do anything to fail. Ice is an outside force. That same ice will make a drop away do the same.

Comment

Well considering I've got no kin in Nebraska and my pocket book keeps me in central Texas I can check that off of my worry list.

But seriously. I guess I'll go another season with what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                  Well considering I've got no kin in Nebraska and my pocket book keeps me in central Texas I can check that off of my worry list.

But seriously. I guess I'll go another season with what I got.
                  Unless you are seeing your accuracy fall off, I would stay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    Unless you are seeing your accuracy fall off, I would stay with it.

Yup. Still shooting straight.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Tell ya what... I'll freeze my WB solid and you freeze your drop away solid and we can shoot at the distance of your choice and see the outcome. I know what the WB will do

Comment

I have used the most expensive and popular dropaways on the market. Nothing has beaten the biscuit. Yours still looks good.

Comment

It just needs a whisker brush.

Comment

Don't wax your whisker biscuit!!! makes it much louder

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Tell ya what... I'll freeze my WB solid and you freeze your drop away solid and we can shoot at the distance of your choice and see the outcome. I know what the WB will do
                              me too.....I told you I love the WB...but when it is froze hard as a rock it is real hard to work it a few times and have it work like your basic drop away can .......

Comment

Working...
                              X