Camera choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera choice?

I have been looking for a camera with quite a bit of zoom, but trying to stay away from the DSLR cameras becasue of price. I found the Canon SX10 that has a 20x optical zoom and I found an Olympus SP565 UZ with 20x wide angle. What do you think of these and which one would you recommend? Or others?

I have the sx10, and really like it. As far as a point and shoot, it's the best one I've used. I don't have any exprience with the Olympus, so can't give you a first hand comparison.

I don't think you'll be disappointed wiht the Canon. My only issue is that I hvne't bought rechargable batteries yet. But, I'll do that soon.

Comment

do you like the zoom on it? what are the typical type of pictures you are taking? how long are you r batteries lasting?

Comment

i have the sx10 and love it

Comment

Originally posted by hunterb1020 View Post
          do you like the zoom on it? what are the typical type of pictures you are taking? how long are you r batteries lasting?
          I do like the zoom on the camera. With 20x optical and 4x digital, that can reach out there. You'll need a tripod or something to rest the camera on obviously. But, the zoom does pretty good. I think I might have been at 80x on this image. I don't have an exif reader so I'm not sure, click on the image to zoom in:

As far as the batteries, I have been shooting without the LCD lately, so that helps conserve battery life. Early on, I'd use the screen all the time, trying to figure out all the controls. There is a lot to learn. So, it will depend on how much your using the camera and the LCD while your shooting and reviewing pictures. And, if you are using the camera to transfer pictures to the computer.

Comment

thank guys you have been a huge help. now it is just trying to find the best deal on one.

Comment

Working...
            X