No announcement yet.

Time to Clean Up Political Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a political forum? Thought it was just the hallway to the cooler....

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      I don't think it was a fail at all! Maybe looking at the big picture you were creating it was a fail, but in the meantime it keeps most of the weirdos in the corner banging their head against the wall instead of trolling other threads
      I vote this and second Rats motion. Its been nice to sit around the campfire and not be cluttered with politics. I wonder how much political chatter is from hired political bloggers. I miss the equipment and tuning forum...once a great and constant source of technical experience from which to learn, that is now cluttered in the campfire chatter. I understand the motives behind the changes forward and potentially backward.

This was my first time on this forum. I think Ill step back out. God bless checks and balances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
        Not trying to stir anything up, but why don't the people who don't like it just not participate. Nobody is forcing anyone into it.
        X2

I like to pay attention to the classifieds and the political stuff. Why is it so hard to just avoid the conversation if you don't like it? Why does the world need some cute safe place to cuddle in while wearing your onezie?

I don't think it's a failure at all. I understand the admins don't like politics. Sorry. Today Chicago shutdown free speech. If we continue to let the left win - then sights like this one will be shut down as well. The left is targeting Everything gun related. EVERYTHING. If you disagree with the left - they work to destroy you.

The green screen is a unique place where people will pray for one another, help one another, hunt with each other and argue with each other. And the left is trying to shut all of that down.

Don't be a jerk with each other pretty much applies to every part of the green screen. If your too much of a jerk - you get kicked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          This X 1,000,000,000,000 Michael.
          I agree with this. And I am one of the weird o's that would be on the other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
            Admitting your are one of the problems is a big step!

Good job brother and we are here to support you!
            lol

Comment

Some of y'all (most?) are starting to get out of hand with disrespectful and/or antagonistic comments directed toward other members. I'm getting tired of deleting posts and issuing warnings. Memes are still not acceptable, either.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Some of y'all (most?) are starting to get out of hand with disrespectful and/or antagonistic comments directed toward other members. I'm getting tired of deleting posts and issuing warnings. Memes are still not acceptable, either.

It was just the fat lady singin. [emoji12][emoji1417]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  It was just the fat lady singin. [emoji12][emoji1417]
                  Ragin' was just complaining about how hot is was getting......

Comment

Watch out Big Brother will delete your post.

Comment

Originally posted by R Herline Jr View Post
                      Watch out Big Brother will delete your post.
                      Why stop there?

It was a simple request. I have no use for ****-heads here.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael : as a veteran of other chat forums, the political forum is always an attempt to get the volatile, emotionally charged subjects off the main page, I think we all get that...

Trying to moderate a political forum is a lesson in futility, politics are a nasty divisive subject..I am NOT advocating a free for all by any means, far from it...But asking men and women to temper their responses in a political forum usually leads to expulsion and eventually the sub forum being shut down...Its an election year, emotions are high, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE here wants the same thing for our great country, we just can't agree on the path to achieve those goals, or who will lead us to meet those goals...

I am not sure what the answer is, We ALL respect your authority and desire to set certain boundaries in this sub forum..I am not so sure that it is realistically possible given the parameters of the subject matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss politics, I hope the sub forum stays open and keeps the topics off the main forum, but I understand that you must do what you feel is best for your site

Respectfully submitted

Comment

Originally posted by Bonbonjovi View Post
                          Michael : as a veteran of other chat forums, the political forum is always an attempt to get the volatile, emotionally charged subjects off the main page, I think we all get that...

Trying to moderate a political forum is a lesson in futility, politics are a nasty divisive subject..I am NOT advocating a free for all by any means, far from it...But asking men and women to temper their responses in a political forum usually leads to expulsion and eventually the sub forum being shut down...Its an election year, emotions are high, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE here wants the same thing for our great country, we just can't agree on the path to achieve those goals, or who will lead us to meet those goals...

I am not sure what the answer is, We ALL respect your authority and desire to set certain boundaries in this sub forum..I am not so sure that it is realistically possible given the parameters of the subject matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss politics, I hope the sub forum stays open and keeps the topics off the main forum, but I understand that you must do what you feel is best for your site

Respectfully submitted
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-AXgYO0lo"]Objection...Overruled - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, the "Best Movie Quotes" thread got me!

I appreciate your feedback, and while I agree for the most part, I also expect more from our members and hold us to a higher standard.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

We are a very diverse and passionate group of individuals pulled together by the love of the stick and string. This very same passion carries us through all aspects of our lives and politics can be tied into every facet of it. Yes, to have a subforum devoted to it can and will be a ticking bomb, especially in an election year. IMO, it is both heathy and comical to have such a place. Like all internet groups there are many who know everything about everything and will jump at the opportunity to let the world know. Personally, I could care less whether the subforum stays or goes. Nothing anyone says is going to make a bit of difference in real life. I will say it is very entertaining to read through some of the inarticulate and misuse of grammar (and spelling).

Thank you Michael for giving it a shot, it has been entertaining

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Don't post much in the political forum, but would like to see it continue. As a former legislative staffer and journalist, I find it interesting to see the thinking that goes into the positions of some. I think entertainment adds value, so long as a modicum of respect can be maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Objection...Overruled - YouTube

Sorry, the "Best Movie Quotes" thread got me!

I appreciate your feedback, and while I agree for the most part, I also expect more from our members and hold us to a higher standard.

Warning Sir!!!!!

Well that's close enough to a meme. [emoji12][emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                                X