A few pics from this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pics from this morning

Like in some other areas hunting has been slow for me so far. This year has been a much different year for early season buck movement compared to the past 3 yrs. I have been seeing way more bucks on trail cams at night than in the daylight which is very unusual. After bow hunting quite a bit in October I decided to sit in my rifle blinds to see if or where the bucks were moving to try to pattern a good buck. I had not been seeing much buck action anywhere for the past 9 days. Even with colder temps last week the daytime activity was minimal and several nights at protein feeders buck activity was minimal. Plenty of does and fawns but very few bucks in daylight. This morning things started to look like years past. I had a lot more doe activity and 4 bucks. Two of the bucks I had not see in the daylight, only on trail cams. Was nice to see this older buck for the first time and he was interested in the does. That is the first real sign of any rut activity. Rut here is around Thanksgiving into early December. This buck was nice and mature but nothing I would want shoot just yet. Still going to sit back and watch for something new before I get back in the bow blinds.
    Here a few of my favorite pics from this morning. Had almost full cloud cover but it was bright enough to take some pics. The sun would have been directly behind the deer in all of these pics but they still turned out okay.
    Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:00 PM.

Great pics!!

Comment

Awesome pics, thanks. Good looking buck

Comment

great pics

Comment

Nice pics.

Comment

They say,never pass on the first day what you would shoot on the last day.....this one would be in my freezer.

Comment

great pics.

Comment

Great pics.

Comment

Awesome pics but you shot that buck with the wrong equipment!!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckzilla View Post
                    Awesome pics but you shot that buck with the wrong equipment!!
                    I "shot" him many times with the right equipment for today.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great pictures.

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

Great pictures as always! I had the big 12 at 7 Streps this weekend! Crappy iPhone picture but you get the point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pics!!

Comment

Working...
                              X