From glove to tab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From glove to tab...

Okay, I got a tab this past weekend and I am going to attempt to make the switch. In my first couple of practice shots, I felt like the tab brought the string closer to my face.

Looking for advice and feedback as I try to transition. I shoot three under and found a small three under tab.

The best tip I can give you is to use a deep hook with your fingers.
    A deep hook isn't for everyone, but for the vast majority it works best with a tab.

The next best tip is to make sure the tab fits. Lots of folks get them to large for their fingers, and it hampers their release. If it's one you can trim, then don't hesitate to do so if needed.

If I knew what type of tab it is, or could see a picture of it, I might be able to trow some more tips at ya.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      A deep hook isn't for everyone, but for the vast majority it works best with a tab.

The next best tip is to make sure the tab fits. Lots of folks get them to large for their fingers, and it hampers their release. If it's one you can trim, then don't hesitate to do so if needed.

If I knew what type of tab it is, or could see a picture of it, I might be able to trow some more tips at ya.

Rick
      I will post pics tonight, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

Rick
        X2! I have to trim all mine. Another thing is have about 3 of the one you end up liking and rotate shooting them so that they all end up broke in because they are easier to lose or misplace than a glove.When you drop a tab on the ground in the woods it looks like a leaf!

Comment

My releases became much more consistent when I switched to a tab.

Comment

Ov you get a Saunders Pak-Tab, you don't have to worry about breaking them in. Like Shea said though, always have 2 or 3 if whatever tab (or glove for that matter) you end up deciding on. It sucks when you get to a stand or tournament a long way from home and you realize you don't have it with you!

Also, if you are switching from a glove, you need to give it a fair chance. The feel is completely different and takes getting used to.

Bisch

Comment

All I can add is, put a small piece of leather lace loop on the tab. When you take the tab off put it on your bow, once you get into this habit tabs don't get lost

One more thing, if you don't use two string nocks, start. Place the tab at the bottom of your bottom string nock while shooting.

Comment

It might take you a day or two to get used to it, but I think you'll like better.

Comment

I personally don't think a tab did anything for my shooting but I do like not having to wear a glove.I only like a few tabs I've tried and I've tried a bunch of them.So you may or may not like the one you have but don't give up until you've tried several different ones.

Comment

In the process of changing to a tab. Having a difficult time getting comfortable with it. Slaps my face. Pain in fingers. Fingers then go numb, tingle, ugh! But I'm going to keep trying. On the 3rd day. Definately can't see an improvement in shooting...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                      In the process of changing to a tab. Having a difficult time getting comfortable with it. Slaps my face. Pain in fingers. Fingers then go numb, tingle, ugh! But I'm going to keep trying. On the 3rd day. Definately can't see an improvement in shooting...yet.
                      The way you shoot, I'm not sure I would be changing too much of anything!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                        When I switched to tab it kept slapping my face until I trimmed a bit shorter. Ended up being a lot shorter than I originally though it would have to be.

Comment

once I learned how to shoot w a glove I'm experiencing tighter groups w a tab

Comment

I tried lots of tabs . Went back to glove and then started cutting some from scrap leather. This is when it worked for me. Trimming the tab thing is probably the answer for sure. It did take a while to get use to it though. That being said I shoot best bare fingers and tend to shoot 3d that way if not shooting more than 40-50 targets a day. Also if not using a Saunders plastic tap in damp weather the release is not as clean. Glove or tab. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              The way you shoot, I'm not sure I would be changing too much of anything!

Bisch
                              I agree but I am sure if she continues with the tab she will master that task as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X