Christmas gun, with a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gun, with a story

Guess I forgot to post this. For as long as I've been alive (coming up on 28 years) my Dad and Grandpa have had a pair of remington 700 .270's. I haven't narrowed it down to exactly when each of them were acquired or manuf. date. I just remember them always being around. I'm not really one to get attached to guns, i'll trade them out before i even shoot the thing if something else spikes my interest. But I do have a kind of core collection of rifles/shotguns that were given to me or hold some kind of meaning. This will be one of those, my own 700 .270. Had to one up them a little with the cdl. This one'll stay 'stock(ish)' besides probably a trigger and bed job and hopefully be the workhorse that theirs were (when appropriate). I'm kinda **** about scratches and such but i'm kinda looking forward to a couple of matching ones in this case.

Mine

Theirs. Obviously it will have to sport a leup vx3

Old Polaroid i found out at our place after i had graduated to dads big boy rifle.

awesome, you know what to follow !!

Comment

Enjoy your new rifle my friend, it's a fine one.... Looking at the picture of all three rifles you can get an idea what yours will look like with the scope mounted, I had to take a second look, lol.

A Timney trigger and a Leupold scope go with model 700's like pockets on a shirt.

Comment

All very nice weapons - thanks for sharing

Comment

Cool deal man thanks for sharing. I’m sure you will put many a animal down with that bad boy.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Very cool to keep the tradition alive

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That one on the left is an adl deluxe with a replacement pad.

I have a 222 I bought from Blake & a rare carbine 222...both with notched receivers. Love those rigs

Comment

Awesome! That's my all time favorite!

Comment

Awesome story.

Comment

Working...
                    X