No announcement yet.

What do you consider LOW FENCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I can afford to be on a place like that someday big Mike. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      By not qualifying I mean because he was a high fence deer. That deer couldn't get out of that place "technically" on any side. Yes he could jump that 8' fence. I know they can. But you get my point. Just because there's interior cross fence doesn't make it all low fence if the exterior is ALL 100% HF. He's a great deer. A giant. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat. But that's not the discussion at hand.

No im pretty sure the deer is in the books, like he qualified is what I'm saying and what Mike was saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope I can afford to be on a place like that someday big Mike. Pretty cool.

I hope someday I can afford to buy all the guns you have[emoji857]

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
          No im pretty sure the deer is in the books, like he qualified is what I'm saying and what Mike was saying

Yes. I understand that. I'm telling you that he shouldn't as he is a high fence buck. Lol. That is all. He's big enough. He did get entered. I'm happy for him. That's all lol

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            I hope someday I can afford to buy all the guns you have[emoji857]

All 2!!

Leases are too high for me lol. Feed and all. Ehhh

Comment

Yes. I understand that. I'm telling you that he shouldn't as he is a high fence buck. Lol. That is all. He's big enough. He did get entered. I'm happy for him. That's all lol

Gotcha ha and he is an awesome, they had some monsters that year!

Comment

"What do you consider hi-fence."

Another aspect on this issue is how high does a fence have to be before its considered hi-fence, is a 6' fence hi-fence or does it have to be 8'?
                Last edited by Thumper; 04-25-2017, 05:53 AM.

Comment

On need to argue, as soon as Mexico ponies up for the wall we will all be hunting high fence anyway

Comment

They'll still find a way to get over it....

Comment

4' fence all the way around = low fence
                      7' fence all the way around = high fence
                      Three sided fences only = open range.
                      Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Crazy how deer who arent pressured act. Seen them come to corn 10yds from the truck in Mexico on one 100% LF
                        On our old ranch in Mexico the deer would literally walk up to the feeder on the back of the 4wheeler and try to get corn out of it, and we were only high fenced on one side by a neighbor.

Comment

By not qualifying I mean because he was a high fence deer. That deer couldn't get out of that place "technically" on any side. Yes he could jump that 8' fence. I know they can. But you get my point. Just because there's interior cross fence doesn't make it all low fence if the exterior is ALL 100% HF. He's a great deer. A giant. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat. But that's not the discussion at hand.
                          So I am little curious, lets say you own a ranch and one of your neighbors high fences his place in. Is your place suddenly high fenced as well?

Comment

all LF!

I know a ranch down south that has 3 sides HF and a major highway as the 4th side. I consider that purely HF

Comment

I care more about genetics than fence height.

Low fence and high fence native are MUCH closer than imported genetics to high fence native.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                                I care more about genetics than fence height.

Low fence and high fence native are MUCH closer than imported genetics to high fence native.
                                I agree with this. The ranch I hunt on has never brought in any deer. All native deer on this ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X