X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI Gold Wolf
    Attached Files

Comment

This 208 7/8 I shot in Kansas. No guide and no fences! Prob the best I'll ever kill.
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	24493652
        My very first deer with my dad!

Comment

This was a hunt that I won at Chews exotic wildlife retreat. When I first got there Chew was telling me about a few trophy Worsers running around but you know guides they tend to tell you what you want to hear. We set out that night with a bucket of monkey blood and a box of tampons. Chew said that we needed to set the bait up along the creek leading to a rope swing. Told me to sit in the rope swing tire and the Worsers will come in but only if I beat the two rocks together that Chew handed me. Now I was not sure about this but I have learned over the years not to try and out guide the guide. It was dark and you could not see two feet in front of you. I was freaking out. Started beating the rocks together and I heard the most blood curdling sound coming up the creek and it was coming fast! I was freaking out! The next thing I knew something was chewing on the bottom of the tire. Missed my right leg and was in between my legs going to town on that tire. That's when I beaned it right between the eyes with one of the rocks Chew gave me. Dropped dead into the creek. What a rush! Thanks Bobby for the one in a life time hunt.
          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]851598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]851599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]851600[/ATTACH]

Comment

No one on the TBH was any happier than my grandson was when I finally let him shoot a couple Javi

Name:	tbh4.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	24493668

Name:	tbhfirst.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24493669

Comment

Not the biggest trophy but one of my favorite hunts. Was just me and my uncle at the cabin in Michigan. This happened to be opening day of turkey season and also my birthday. We had both planned a long weekend of hunting and had both bagged our birds by 10am. Took this picture and gave it to my grandmother. That picture is still up at her house.

Comment

Both my Hagerman Bucks.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kurt68; 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I can't say I have a kill that would be my "proudest" as I'm proud of all of them.

If I had to choose one, I guess it would be this pig I shot while riding around checking cows with my girls several years ago. They got a kick out of it..

Comment

Undoubtedly...It would have to be the nice Pronghorns that my twin boys took in Wyoming. Several years ago, I took them up to Casper on an antelope hunting trip (for making good grades ) and they each shot a nice goat. Now I was nervous as heck thinking what if one bot gets a shot and the other doesn't but it all worked out! Heck...Dad even arrowed a buck once they had one in the cooler but that was hardly the highlight of the trip. I can still remember them chattering about their hunt to every hunter in the airport and on the plane coming home, lol. It seems like yesterday but that was 10 years ago. It's a blessing that at age 21...They still enjoy hunting with Dad .

Great thread and some nice trophies and stories out here!

K-Man
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Kamoman; 04-24-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Although my first deer kill as a youngster was special as was my first Elk with a bow, but one of the most memorable hunts was a few years back snow goose hunting during the conservation season. I was hunting solo and it was one of those days I wasn't expecting much, but little did I know what was in store for the day. Ended up being a day I will never forget. Had nice decoying action all morning long. I ended up making myself stop being I had a pile of birds that I had to clean. I thought I stopped at 80, but after counting I had 85 geese for the hunt with a banded Ross goose.

Comment

I love whacking pigs.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 04-24-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                            Although my first deer kill as a youngster was special as was my first Elk with a bow, but one of the most memorable hunts was a few years back snow goose hunting during the conservation season. I was hunting solo and it was one of those days I wasn't expecting much, but little did I know what was in store for the day. Ended up being a day I will never forget. Had nice decoying action all morning long. I ended up making myself stop being I had a pile of birds that I had to clean. I thought I stopped at 80, but after counting I had 85 geese for the hunt with a banded Ross goose.

Goose hunting solo sounds like an awful lot of work but thats one heck of haul!!

Comment

Hard to pick just one. Never killed any spectacular trophies but blessed with many special hunts.

Mom at inks lake was a blast. It had been many moons since she hunted and was in her late 70's on that hunt. Took 8 years to draw. TPWD staff treated her like royalty.

Son's first turkey. What a hunt. Bird at 15 steps strutting and drumming. He was shaking like a leaf. Thank goodness for pop ups and a deadrest.

and his first buck.

. Public land cow elk in the snow is still one of my all time favorites. Unit wide LO tag. It's criminal that only NM residents can apply for cow tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post

As they say in south Louisiana, "Das alota gumbo"

Comment

Working...
                                X