Just can't get my head into this next hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just can't get my head into this next hunt

Like the title says, I leave Thursday for my second chance Elk hunt. Known about it for a month or so. I just cannot seem to get into this hunt. I don't know why. My wife mentioned to me tonight I hadn't prepped my meals. I finally got out and pulled all my stuff into the garage to organize.
    I know, poor me, right. It's not a motivation thing, just not as excited as my muzzleloader hunt. I was jazzed for weeks before that. I don't know if it's the weather (teens at night) that I'm not looking forward to or what.

Anyway, complaint session over

Biggest lesson I learned this September on my first (unsuccessful) elk hunt - Its a mental game more than anything.

Get out there. You'll make some memories at least. And if you get one, it's a safe bet that feeling will override this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

You will have to forgive me if I am less than sympathetic.

Comment

You are getting old and lazy?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You want me to go for ya ole buddy

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            You will have to forgive me if I am less than sympathetic.
            Um yea me too. I feel REAL sorry for you.....

Not really

Comment

NO ONE should be this miserable.
              And frankly, i cant believe some of your "friends' on here havent offered any help to you during this trying time but cutesy little sarcasm about sympathy.... it disgusts me.

I will be willing to assist in stopping your pain by taking this horrible trip off your hands... hopefully that will help in bringing you some resemblance of peace or comfort...

Comment

Teens at night? I'd be jacked up about the elk moving in that weather. If you don't want to go then let someone go who will appreciate it lol

Comment

#humblebrag

Comment

Champagne problems

Good luck out there, I bet once you get out there it'll perk you up!

Comment

At some point you will have to get your priorities right brother.

Comment

You sir have some serious issues.....good luck tho

Comment

I have no sympathy for someone about to head to the mountains to hunt elk. Go get it done and have fun!

Comment

Yea I know no sympathy, I'd expect nothing more and give nothing less. Had to get it out, been thinking it for a week or two. I know it'll be good when I leave tomorrow.

Comment

Not sure if you are hunting solo or not but it certainly helps to hunt with a partner......keeps you motivated and pumped up.

Comment

Working...
                              X