Hold dead on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Start low and move up. Then touch off when the pin is where I want it.
    opposite for me, i start high and move down.

I like to lollipop the target where i see what i want to hit just above the pin, i try and put more focus on what i want to hit then the pin. Just let it get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Start low and move up. Then touch off when the pin is where I want it.
      I tend to start high and move it low to below point of aim and touch it off when I move it back up

Comment

Depends on how many beers I have had LOL. Really I just float and shoot. Trying to hold is too much tension in my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Depends on how many beers I have had LOL. Really I just float and shoot. Trying to hold is too much tension in my shoulders.
          Came here to post this lol.

I can generally hold it well enough to have sub 2" groups at 20-25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            No, the pin floats in either figure 8s or circles and I just try to focus on the spot I want to hit. Your brain will center the pin at whatever your visual focus is on. I concentrate on aiming and let the subconscious execute the shot.
            Figure 8s are the key. They are naturally created by your breathing and the tension of holding your weapon whether it be bow or rifle.

Comment

Float an squeeze the release. Generally figure 8's like Sika said. Don't try to "touch" it off as it passes the dot. That's called punchin the trigger. You'll develop **** poor shooting habits and form like that.

Comment

No, the pin floats in either figure 8s or circles and I just try to focus on the spot I want to hit. Your brain will center the pin at whatever your visual focus is on. I concentrate on aiming and let the subconscious execute the shot.
                ^^^This is the way to shoot!!!

Comment

Hover. With main focus on spot on target. Secondary focus on pin. Let the shot surprise me.

I'm a lot better at saying this than actually doing it...but that's how I try to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Float an squeeze the release. Generally figure 8's like Sika said. Don't try to "touch" it off as it passes the dot. That's called punchin the trigger. You'll develop **** poor shooting habits and form like that.
                    Touching it off as you get to the target is like drive by shooting. You were on target when you "touched" it off, but it was usually a jerk reaction and they are hard to control. Then the whole TP thing sets in and then you are really in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
                      I seem to "float" on bag targets when practicing but not on live targets. No clue as to why.
                      I'm the same way. I've always had trouble holding the pin steady, and now at 70 years old, it's worse. Never had a problem on game, but you never know, it could be a problem the very next time I pull back on a live target. I'll find out in a couple weeks......

Comment

Originally posted by Quackedup View Post
                        Touching it off as you get to the target is like drive by shooting. You were on target when you "touched" it off, but it was usually a jerk reaction and they are hard to control. Then the whole TP thing sets in and then you are really in trouble.

Exactly.

Comment

Aim above the targeted animal and slowly lower until I can hit the release. Not an issue with the wavering until I shoot for me. Then I get that rush of adrenaline. Limited distance on shots. If I don't kill and animal for 5 years it's not a big deal to me. Most of the time my shot is between 6-17 yards=slamdunk.
                          Last edited by steve morton; 03-15-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

This is your answer.

Comment

Years ago I got tired of the sights and pins. Switching to a 50 lb recurve I took some nice deer 5 yrs straight. Call it luck or being forced into a situation that involved picking your shots but it taught me patients and that's the best advice I know of.

Comment

I've always started at the bottom of the target and squeeze off the shot as I get to the pin to where I wanna hit

Comment

Working...
                                X