Buffalo and White River Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo and White River Arkansas

It was the wife's year to plan our anniversary trip and she knocked it out of the park. We floated the Buffalo River in Arkansas for 3 days and 2 nights and had a blast!

After that we went and fly fished with Jonathan Murray of Murray's Ozark Anglers on the White River and caught some beautiful Brown Trout and plenty of Rainbows. The trip was awesome and the guide did great. If anyone is looking for a nice get away Arkansas has some awesome places and doesn't get the credit it deserves!

I have to step up my game next year for sure!
    Last edited by Hockley; 06-08-2017, 12:19 PM.

Sounds like a great trip! Where are the pixels?

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
      Sounds like a great trip! Where are the pixels?
      Yeah, about that! I've been lazy and haven't got them downloaded yet. I will try to get that done in the next day or so...

Comment

Love me some White River trout fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
          It was the wife's year to plan our anniversary trip and she knocked it out of the park. We floated the Buffalo River in Arkansas for 3 days and 2 nights and had a blast!

After that we went and fly fished with Jonathan Murray of Murray's Ozark Anglers on the White River and caught some beautiful Brown Trout and plenty of Rainbows. The trip was awesome and the guide did great. If anyone is looking for a nice get away Arkansas has some awesome places and doesn't get the credit it deserves!

I have to step up my game next year for sure!
          I rented a cabin on the White River across from Buffalo National River Park for my birthday. Who did you use for a guide??? I am searching for a good one as we speak.

Comment

Headed to the Buffalo in a few days. We take a yearly trip there..one of my favorite places on earth. We'll float a couple days...cook and do nothing!!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I rented a cabin on the White River across from Buffalo National River Park for my birthday. Who did you use for a guide??? I am searching for a good one as we speak.
              Jonathan Murray of Murray's Ozark Anglers. He was great. On time, very friendly, not full of the guide "BS", and straight up put us on fish. We met him at Dally's Fly Shop in Gassville. He would have stayed on the water as long as we wanted to fish, which I value a ton in a guide. I hate it when a guide puts a boat in the water and 8 hours later its on the trailer. I 100% understand it, but I hate it...

Comment

The White is an awesome river to fly fish.

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                  Headed to the Buffalo in a few days. We take a yearly trip there..one of my favorite places on earth. We'll float a couple days...cook and do nothing!!
                  We put in at Steelcreek and got out at Hasty. Three days later they were putting it at Pruitt due to the water levels. We used Buffalo Outdoor Center for the canoe rentals and shuttle. There were probably 150 people there when we got there on Memorial Day and they had us out of there within 20 minutes. It would have taken Jerry's in New Braunfels 3 hours to deal with that many people!

Comment

Glad y'all had fun! It is prime floating season. I've been hitting the stuff around the house every time I get a chance the last few weeks.

Comment

anybody have any advice on a RV park in the area. would like to haul my trailer up for a long weekend

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        anybody have any advice on a RV park in the area. would like to haul my trailer up for a long weekend
                        We tent camped at Bull Shoals State Park and they had plenty of RV sites. Nice clean park and the bathrooms looked like the Hilton compared to Texas State Parks...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                          We tent camped at Bull Shoals State Park and they had plenty of RV sites. Nice clean park and the bathrooms looked like the Hilton compared to Texas State Parks...
                          awesome thanks!

Comment

Takes me back to my college years!! Hmmmm kayak on the White River now that'll be fun!

Comment

headed there for the first time in July. We have two trips booked and cant wait to see what its all about.

Comment

Working...
                              X