No announcement yet.

8 day live hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got dang that sucks. Break that freakin limb off and get back in there tomorrow. I bet he doesnt know what happened and will be back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

8 day live hunt.

Stay after it Colton. Betting he will be back tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe you have a hot doe in the area. That buck has very little on his mind besides her, he's already forgotten about being spooked off your hand corn. There's a good chance he'll be in the area long enough for you to get another shot at him tomorrow. Good luck in the morning.

Comment

You've hunted too hard to lose hope now! Think of it this way, if you had killed everything the first couple days, you wouldn't have had the awesome experiences that you've had over the past several days! Keep your head up!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Man this is a tough pill to swallow. You get one chance at these brutes, and I've fumbled both now. Bow hunting can really be trying. I almost brought my gun along this evening but was afraid it would be in the way. After the shot the buck just hung around, and actually I thought he was going to come back in for a second. Man I hope either of those bucks give me one more chance.

So I'll be driving in to Uvalde tomorrow. I apparently lost a broadhead, then shot one tonight, so I'm down to 1 now. Would it be stupid to switch to fixed blade slicks when I've been shooting rage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think I would chance it, if you don't have a way to test the flight.

Comment

Good read! All caught up, good luck in the AM!

Comment

Man that’s tough! Stay after it!

Comment

Why are you wanting to change now? Buy some more rage and shoot that 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      I don't think I would chance it, if you don't have a way to test the flight.

This! If no way to BH tune for a fixed head I would not consider switching now. Keep everything the same and be confident. And snip that limb...

Comment

Stick with the Rage. Your bow might be broken into 100 pieces tomorrow if you shot and missed with a fixed blade lol. Have the fixed blade as a back up and burn one of them on a practice shot or 2 to test flight. If it is shooting right (or any direction), just make a mental note in case it's needed as back up. Don't make any changes to your bow. Great thread and good luck.

Comment

Nice and cool down here. Still to dark to see. But the deer are up moving. Today is the day Colton

Comment

Thanks y'all. I've been eager to switch to fix blade. Didn't want to buy more rages but it's probably best. I'm set up at camp to shoot and dial them in though.

In the tripod at the primary feeder. Did not want to hunt here, but the straight slight N wind is terrible for the creek feeder. They are 280 yards apart, so I would hope someone would make the short trip over here lol. That creek feeder is just much more secluded. Had a hard time sleeping last night thinking about that buck. Man he was in the perfect position. I kept imagining my arrow burying behind the shoulder and holding those horns.

So I'm suppose to leave tomorrow morning for my wife's family Christmas. Y'all have no idea how bad I want to stay. So tempted to ask her, but I know she would not be happy with me. Or maybe not...

Well lets see what happens here...

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                              Nice and cool down here. Still to dark to see. But the deer are up moving. Today is the day Colton

It does feel like a good morning Ryan!! Appreciate the good mojo. I sure hope so.

Comment

Yep, today is the day. The belly says so.

Comment

Working...
                                X