Who all wore Toughskin jeans as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all wore Toughskin jeans as a kid?

Man I miss those days. Life was so much simpler. When we wore out the knees, mom would cut the legs off to make them into shorts.

I did . Sure miss simple times .

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
      Man I miss those days. Life was so much simpler. When we wore out the knees, mom would cut the legs off to make them into shorts.
      Shoot, when mine wore out my mother sewed patches in them! True HoBo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
        Shoot, when mine wore out my mother sewed patches in them! True HoBo!
        Same

Comment

Never heard of toughskin jeans. We wore Lee's and they used to sell iron on denim patches and mom would sew the edges.

Comment

I wore them. I didn’t know there was any other option
            Mom patched mine too when they finally wore out.

I sure wish my grandkids could grow up in the same world I did.

Comment

As a young kid in the mid 60's I wanted Levis but my mom insisted on a cheaper brand she could buy at JC Penney. (Farah maybe?) I was growing fast so she always bought them too long so I had big cuffs. When I wore out the knees she used those iron-on patches.

Comment

Bugle Boys here

Comment

Yep. Mine said "Husky" inside. I think that's because they were made in Alaska with materials hauled by Huskies on a sled.

At least that's what Mamma said.

Comment

I believe we bought our Toughskins at Sears. And yes, the iron on denim patches for the knees were tougher than the original material.

Comment

Tougher than a women's V- alentines candy!

Comment

What su%&ed about Tough Skins is you had to wash the dang things like 100 times to get them soft.

Comment

I wore Wranglers. By the time Toughskins hit the market, I was an adult.

Comment

My annual new school jeans (1, maybe 2 pairs) were iron-on or sewn on patches, or sewed shut, when I got a hole in them. When they got really ragged, then they became my summer shorts at the knees. When the new school year rolled around, my younger brother got my old long legged ones, if there were any left. And he got my oversized baggy cut-offs too. Now ya know where that fad/fashion dress came from with today's kids wearing baggy shorts 3 times to big. And always fall-n down and expose-n their undies. From us kids on the semi-poor/poor side of town. And richer kids try-n to fit in and look/appeal to us/be cool like us lower income kids . Just like the fashion jeans that already had holes in the knees and thighs.

Edit: I've never heard of Toughskin jeans till now.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-06-2022, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I had classmates that wore them. We always had Wranglers.

Comment

Working...
                              X