No announcement yet.

Modern day deer camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking hard on public hunt with tent. If I could bet a buddy or 2 interested then I'm definitely in.

Comment

We stayed overnight for youth turkey and just slept in the truck

Comment

Originally posted by ShedHunter19 View Post
        That’s awesome! Do you typically hunt mostly Texas public land or bounce around to other states? That scenery with the teepee tent is beautiful. (Not trying to hijack thread, just looks like that truck tent would open up lots of possibilities for out of state hunting)

What brand tent is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All my favorite hunts have been staying in my cot tent. South Texas is too hot till January it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
            What brand tent is that?

Smittybilt Overlander XL Gen 1
            Full king size mattress, with an added 3 inches of foam above their stock mattress and the full annex with floor.

Comment

I mainly hunt public in Colorado and New Mexico and use this setup for my base camp. I also used it when I hunted The Javelina Hunt this year. Works great when weather is bad…definitely saves the floor from wear and tear.
              Attached Files

Comment

I’ll quit hunting before I stay in a tent.

Comment

Tenting while hunting in Texas is for the young @ heart. I never have and prefer not to at my age, but I`m not going to ever rule out a good hunting trip. The best hunting trips I ever had were all in tents but were in Colorado while hunting Elk.

Comment

We have a house that we stay in at our regular lease, but this is what we use on our elk hunts in Colorado.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
                      We have a house that we stay in at our regular lease, but this is what we use on our elk hunts in Colorado.
                      Now that’s a great looking camp!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Totally understandable. I was just teasing anyway

I do like your new set-up too. Thats actually pretty sweet.
                        There are many of these for sale used

Comment

Tents are the only thing I have ever hunted out of. ( 59 now) If we camp out of the truck, we have a canvas “ sheep herders “ tent. We feel like we are in the tauge mahaul. Normally every thing is on our backs. Neither way is there such thing as a shower, ice, toilet, electricity, in door cooking, some times for 10 days. The luxury of a cabin, or lease is pretty much not heard of around here. It’s BLM land and national forest, and so far it’s all free to hunt it, no lease fees.
                          Wow after reading all these posts, I can’t believe how many don’t ,won’t hunt out of a tent. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats. Lol. I would love the “ luxuries” you guys have, but no way in hell to hunt were we do, any other way. Even when we go down there ( Texas) to hunt javelina, it’s tents, out door cooking, no shower, no heat, no a/c. But we have the bigger tent, cots, four burner grill, and frige and freezer for meals, drinks and meat, we feel spoiled.
                          Last edited by critter69; 04-26-2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	771F1B64-298F-4B70-ABE5-B01D8526E07B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	24682408

This is what I wake up in to go hunting.

Comment

That would just not feel like hunting to me, looks like a very nice place though.

Comment

Working...
                              X