Ford F150 Powerstroke Diesel #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F150 Powerstroke Diesel #'s

Not sure if al these numbers have been posted, but pretty impressive and not near the price upgrade for the 6.7 diesel.

I saw a video about that earlier, 22/30 for 2wd trucks and 20/25 for 4wd. Kinda surprised on that big of a drop with 4wd.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe8oWITGv-E"]Is the 2018 Ford F-150 Diesel the King of MPG? EPA Ratings Announced - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Not worth the upgrade IMO. Not over my ecoboost that puts out more HP and torque.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
        Not worth the upgrade IMO. Not over my ecoboost that puts out more HP and torque.

This!

Maybe I am missing something, but the numbers in that article don’t impress me one bit

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

The only reason i could see getting the diesel over the ecoboost is for the rpm band where you get effective torque. I'm sure they tune the turbo in those ecoboost motors to help in lower rpms when youre pulling, but I'm sure the pull of a diesel feels better.

Comment

I'm a Ford guy, but if you're in the market for a half-ton, those output numbers make no fiscal or common sense to choose diesel over gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              I'm a Ford guy, but if you're in the market for a half-ton, those output numbers make no fiscal or common sense to choose diesel over gas.
              2 words that make it make sense.

Fuel mileage.

For those people that put a lot of miles on their truck, an extra 5 mpg would really end up saving a lot of cash over the life of the truck.

Comment

If they actually get those numbers. I’m driving a ‘17 ecoboost but as someone on here said there is nothing eco about an ecoboost. Maybe under perfect conditions they might get the posted mpg numbers but wind or much less a load & the numbers drop dramatically. I get better mileage around town than on the hwy. I still like it & it pulls good. I’d go with a diesel in one if it ran the same & actually got better mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                  If they actually get those numbers. I’m driving a ‘17 ecoboost but as someone on here said there is nothing eco about an ecoboost. Maybe under perfect conditions they might get the posted mpg numbers but wind or much less a load & the numbers drop dramatically. I get better mileage around town than on the hwy. I still like it & it pulls good. I’d go with a diesel in one if it ran the same & actually got better mileage.

I agree! If it ran the same as my eco boost and got better mpg, I would do it. I just don’t see those numbers running the same as an eco

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Not to mention the fact that you have to pony up for a lariat first, then shell out another 4k for the 3.0! Neat concept and they’ll probably sell every one on the lot but they’re not really targeting a large consumer consume base here.

Comment

How dang many XLT’s do you see sitting on any lot no matter if it is an F150 to a 350? Not many as I have looked!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        2 words that make it make sense.

Fuel mileage.

For those people that put a lot of miles on their truck, an extra 5 mpg would really end up saving a lot of cash over the life of the truck.
                        I hear you, but with diesel ~$.30/gallon more and an additional $4k for the diesel option, it's going to take a lot of miles to get a return on the fuel efficiency factor. I was hoping for some better fuel efficiency numbers out of it. However, when you think about it, the HP and Torque numbers are almost identical to the first Turbo Powerstroke #'s from the '95 era Super Duties LOL.
                        Last edited by Sackett; 04-19-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

This engine comes as a bit of a disappointment to me. If you do the math based on average national fuel prices, you save a little more than $1k per 100k Miles. It would take almost 400k Miles to pay for the engine. That doesn’t take into account increased maintenance cost of a diesel engine. The 3.5 eco delivers more horsepower (375 hp) and torque (470 ftlbs)

Comment

but you can leave it running when you fill up with diesel lmaoooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X