Let's See your Wood Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    Has anyone ever built a torsion table? Thinking about doing one for an outfeed/assembly table.

I really like Woodwhisper's design, but also want dog holes. So I'm leaning towards Paulk's design.
    I've been wanting to build one too. I saw a design I liked on youtube, but I don't remember who built it. He had some fancy machine though that drilled all his dog holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
      I've been wanting to build one too. I saw a design I liked on youtube, but I don't remember who built it. He had some fancy machine though that drilled all his dog holes.
      Got started on my new bench. Kinda a combo of both.

1/2 mdf base and 1/2 framing and 3/4in top
      Supports are 5in tall. Glue and nailed them.

The big square is for a downdraft table.

Still need to cut out the the sides holes, screw on the top, and drill holes in the top.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Buckles

Comment

Finished my table Saturday. I took ya'lls advice, and went with the MDF for the top, and it turned out nice. It is super heavy, and takes a little bit of effort to wheel it around. Which is fine by me, as I don't want it rolling off with every little bump. I'll snap some pics this evening.

This was my first time messing with MDF. I had to trim the edges, as it was about 1" oversized. Man.....that stuff creates a massive dust cloud when cutting! I don't think I would care to make too many cuts of that stuff. Need a dang half mask respirtator!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Finished my table Saturday. I took ya'lls advice, and went with the MDF for the top, and it turned out nice. It is super heavy, and takes a little bit of effort to wheel it around. Which is fine by me, as I don't want it rolling off with every little bump. I'll snap some pics this evening.

This was my first time messing with MDF. I had to trim the edges, as it was about 1" oversized. Man.....that stuff creates a massive dust cloud when cutting! I don't think I would care to make too many cuts of that stuff. Need a dang half mask respirtator!
            NO joke. Try running a half inch straight router bit through it.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              I am trying that out this afternoon!

Comment

Anytime I'm routing MDF, I try to use my router table, that has a dust collector hooked to it.

If it has to be done with a hand held router, I rig up my shop vac hose (usually with duct tape) right next to the spray of the wood. It'll pick up most of the dust and really helps keep the mess to a minimum.

Comment

Don't do it next to a wall

Comment

Got started on my new bench. Kinda a combo of both.

1/2 mdf base and 1/2 framing and 3/4in top
                    Supports are 5in tall. Glue and nailed them.

The big square is for a downdraft table.

Still need to cut out the the sides holes, screw on the top, and drill holes in the top.
                    Looks nice. I'll be following along. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

Comment

Slanted a piece for the downdraft square. had to pull it out and redo it. I put in backwards.

The top is on, side holes cut. They are a little smaller than I wanted so I'm going to need to open them up.

Next is holes and then a base.
                      Attached Files

Comment

After the holes and trimming the top and bottom piece......I think its in my ears!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you need a tyvek suit for that.

Comment

After the holes and trimming the top and bottom piece......I think its in my ears!
                            DIY wood composite socks

Comment

Final Pictures of the new work table. The MDF turned out great. I screwed it down from the top, so it is replaceable if it gets messed up. It's not as flat or true as a torsion table will be, but it's good enough for us. Also, the wife loves the drawers. Lot's of storage space!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                                Final Pictures of the new work table. The MDF turned out great. I screwed it down from the top, so it is replaceable if it gets messed up. It's not as flat or true as a torsion table will be, but it's good enough for us. Also, the wife loves the drawers. Lot's of storage space!
                                That thing looks light!

Comment

Working...
                                X