Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shot my 6BR & forgot the fun of serious accurate rigs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot my 6BR & forgot the fun of serious accurate rigs...

While not a full blow br rig, it's close...This 700 was my first deer rifle given to me by my Dad Many years ago & started life as a 6mm Rem ADL. It's been about 25 years ago, but sent it to Jim Borden to build a 6ppc & he asked for permission to experiment with it & had it for Loong time. I dropped it into a 40x stock & at some point sent it to Mike Bryant to get a little more fire & ran a 6br reamer through it.

While not a Stolle, the bolt runs really smooth & has a sleeved bolt, Sako extractor and not sure what else Borden did to make it work similar to a custom. Over time I got more into hunting & sold the scope & borrowed the Jewell & she just sat in the safe.

Several months ago, I swapped a Timney for a 1.5oz Shilen & ran across a 45x Leupy here on TBH & decided to make her whole. I dug through my stash & found about 19 loaded rounds. Truck was getting serviced today so Dad & I headed to the range to sight it in & try to get the groove back. Takes a few getting back into the uber light trigger but was able to get 3 / 5 shot groups.

Working with brass & gonna dig out the wind flags.
    Attached Files

Nice rig!

Comment

That’s a sexy rifle!

Comment

good shootin! fun caliber.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Now That is a nice rig !!

Comment

Sounds like you had some of the best working on it in the past. Nice Rifle.

Dave

Comment

Heck of a shooter ya got!

Comment

Nice. The sweetest shooting gun I ever shot was a 6mm ppc with a 1.5 oz trigger.

Comment

That will work.

Comment

That ugly rig shots horrible! You must rid yourself of it to avoid any negativity from fellow TBHs. My shipping address is............

Comment

Nice shooter there Paul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Shooting bug holes---and "minute of pig eye"

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome!! I have a 22BR on a 40X action from the Remington custom shop. It shoots in the low 2's, almost no recoil and like you stated is just fun to shoot!

Comment

Working...
                              X