All season timed protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All season timed protein feeder

Anyone have the motor go bad and replaced with a new motor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had the motor go bad, but I have had the wires spliced at the motor for unknown reasons. Easy to disassemble if you do not have any feed in it.

Comment

Several times. Just go buy a new 12v 1/4” shaft motor from academy and replace.

Comment

Well, it’s full of protein. Got the battery too. I’ll by pass the timer and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
          Well, it’s full of protein. Got the battery too. I’ll by pass the timer and see what happens.

Duct tape the opening or shove part of a feed bag in the opening. No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            Duct tape the opening or shove part of a feed bag in the opening. No problem.

So I can remove the motor from the underside?

Comment

Remove the spinner plate. Then take the two screws out that hole the motor against the top of the box. Grab new motor and reassemble.

Comment

Is it a stand & fill? If so, you can access the motor from underneath. Two wing nuts hold a cover. Have a rag or something handy to shove in the opening to prevent the protein from emptying out when dropping the plate.

Comment

Yes it is a stand and fill, full of protein.

Comment

Yes it is a stand and fill, full of protein.

See my input above. You can access it from the underneath via a panel held on by two wing nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                      See my input above. You can access it from the underneath via a panel held on by two wing nuts.

Thanks, I will by pass the timer and test the motor directly. Could be the timer.
                      When I first put it out,the coons were messing with the EXPOSED WIRE to the motor. I had to screw a piece of sheet metal to cover the whole underneath.

Comment

Thanks, I will by pass the timer and test the motor directly. Could be the timer.
                        When I first put it out,the coons were messing with the EXPOSED WIRE to the motor. I had to screw a piece of sheet metal to cover the whole underneath.

They may have changed the design because the ones I have do not have any exposed wires.

Comment

Just the last 3”-4”, the motor terminals and some wire was exposed. Just enough for to swing on.

Comment

Trouble shooting instructions from ASF. Had to fix one on Saturday, it was the timer.

1. Replace fresh battery, (in the box) then run the test on the timer, if the timer wigs out again, and the motor does not spin, then its not the battery. But leave the new fresh battery attached anyway.
                            2. Unhook the solar panel from the battery/timer. Run the test on the timer. If it spins the motor, then the solar panel is bad, and needs to be replaced. (in the box) If it doesn’t spin the motor, and the timer wigs out again like in number 1, then not likely the solar panel.
                            3. Replace the timer with a new timer (in the box). Without the solar panel connected, run the test. If it spins the motor, then the timer was bad, and leave it attached and trash the old one. If it doesn’t spin the motor, and wigs out again, then it is likely the motor. Replace the motor (in the box) and try the test again.
                            4. By that time, all the parts should be new…ha….it has to work…
                            5. If hooking up the solar panel, after any other part changes, wigs out the timer in a test, then replace the solar panel.

Comment

Just the last 3”-4”, the motor terminals and some wire was exposed. Just enough for to swing on.

Yep. That's all they need

Comment

Working...
                              X