Zephr fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zephr fire.

Anyone heard of this fire? Book of faces saying 1200 acres burning and no Containment.

Saw on reporternews.com

Comment

Where the heck is it?? Texas??

Comment

Between Goldthwaite and Brownwood. Had a big scare and entire town evacuated. Explosive storage facility threatens and in path

Comment

Oh wow! I hate summer and wildfires. Had one Sunday in Cisco that was contained about 1/4 mile from my place. Pucker factor was high! Hope the folks in the wake of this thing are saved as well as their properties.

Comment

Missed that one... Heard of one in a bad spot on fort Hood and one in South West coryell county.

Good website for tracking location

Comment

We have one just north of burnet about 1000 acres off CR 108.

Comment

The bad thing about this fire is it could have been avoided. A guy was burning trash and it got out of control in a hurry

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  The bad thing about this fire is it could have been avoided. A guy was burning trash and it got out of control in a hurry
                  That's f'in rediculous

Comment

Theres been at lease 4 good size fires up here in the last week. The Zephyr fire was started by some dumb as burning trash. I drove the area today and theres still some hot spots but I think they are finally getting it contained. Theres another that was east of Goldthwaite that was started by a cigarette. I think that one was around the same size. Its not gonna get any better until we get some moisture. The firemen up here have been incredible and I dont know how they have been able to do what they've done in this heat.

Comment

Donate something to all the local fire departments if you can. I can't imagine fighting a fire yesterday with the heat we had in Mills county. Remember these are volunteer men fighting fires. I'm sure anything will be appreciated.

Comment

Mark do have an address to the Mills VFD. I would like to mail a donation to them

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Mark do have an address to the Mills VFD. I would like to mail a donation to them
                          I do not but will talk to the fire chief tomorrow and text you the address. They were up most of the night and finally got thru about 4pm today. Afraid I might wake them up this time of day. Have to be totally worn out after the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            Idiots.

Comment

So any clue on final acreage burned in those?

I heard the Pearl fire was 6k, but I drove it and have a hard time seeing it was THAT much

Comment

Working...
                              X