Attention San Antonio vehicle shoppers, avoid Northside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention San Antonio vehicle shoppers, avoid Northside

Man. I got screwed. Im sick about it. Learned some valuable lessons.

Started talking with a friend who works at Northside Chevy about trading my truck in (KBB was 7500, i owed just over 5). Took my truck up, he spoke with a salesperson and confirmed they would give me 8k trade in. Started shopping, a few weeks later, he talks me into a tundra they had sitting. He said they would bump up my trade if I paid sticker (27k). Went in the next day and signed in pen, an agreement for 9k trade-in and paying sticker price on car.

Now heres the fun part...See it coming yet?

Go back to finance...they have 5500 as trade in value, i point it out...he goes back to management, comes back with a line under the 5500, 3500...so the total would is 9k...math works for me great....we go through all the ELECTRONIC signatures....i get my keys and out the door.

A month later Im go to make a first payment and the total for the loan is alot more than what I knew we signed for. Going back at looking through the papers.... the 5500 had disappeared and only displayed 3500

Called me friend...he told me to come in...went in, talked to manager and what else would you expect from a car sales manager but slime...'no way we offered you 9k' pretty much laughed in my face

emailed up the chain of command but never got a response.

Small claims didnt work because my electronic signature was on the documents. I even had all the texts between myself and the employee. SICK

I will never purchase another vehicle without a body cam, voice recorder, and camera. joking not joking

You don't have a copy of the deal sheet that you signed?

Comment

Elaborate on how the 5500(disappeared). Ink manipulation?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        Elaborate on how the 5500(disappeared). Ink manipulation?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        the whole contract was displayed and signed on a huge touch screen, no papers until it was printed. I dont know where it went, why, when. All i know is it was there when I signed and gone when it was printed

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        You don't have a copy of the deal sheet that you signed?
        Ive got the copy that they have. Somehow the only document that has my real signature is 'just not there'

Comment

This is as clear as mud. Why the electronic signature? Weren't you at the dealer when the documents were signed? You had to sign the loan documents with the total financed, interest rate, and payments on the note you signed.

Edit: I posted while you were posting. Are you saying that you did not get a copy of what you signed while at the dealership? You left there without copies?
          Last edited by Burnadell; 09-04-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Whoa!!!! That is messed up and sickening. There has to be something that can be done if your original ink signature showed 9k for the trade. That’s garbage. Honestly I haven’t been to a stealership in a decade. I don’t care how much **** they spew about their not making money, trying to get you the best deal blah blah blah. Their all the same and I refuse to do business with any of them. This confirms what is already know. I really hope you get something figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              This is as clear as mud. Why the electronic signature? Weren't you at the dealer when the documents were signed? You had to sign the loan documents with the total financed, interest rate, and payments on the note you signed.
              yes, correct, at dealership. saw the right numbers on every page when i signed it. They pretty much show you on a giant ipad and you sign it there.
              not making sheet up, got nothing to gain

Comment

Oh dude you need to at the very least contact the local news with this story so they can put them SOBs on blast.

Comment

At least you traded up

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
                    At least you traded up
                    dont get my wrong...instantly a tundra fan

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                      yes, correct, at dealership. saw the right numbers on every page when i signed it. They pretty much show you on a giant ipad and you sign it there.
                      not making sheet up, got nothing to gain
                      I don't doubt you are NOT making it up, but didn't you confirm the amount financed and your payments before you signed and left the delership?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        I don't doubt you are NOT making it up, but didn't you confirm the amount financed and your payments before you signed and left the delership?
                        I confirmed everything before signing it. Once they added the 3500 to the 5500, all the numbers added up to what they should have.
                        I DIDNT confirm after it was printed and they handed it to me in a fat envelope

Comment

If you owed a little over 5k on your old truck , they paid it off and gave you the remainder of 9k trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            If you owed a little over 5k on your old truck , they paid it off and gave you the remainder of 9k trade in.

Was thinking this too

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              I wish that was the case.
                              Papers clearly show 3500 trade in allowance and 5,200 owed... which gave me about $-1700 equity. It was a 2010 4x4 1500, kbb fair was 7500

Comment

Working...
                              X