West Matty Fishing Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Matty Fishing Trip

Made a trip to Matty this morning. My wife's 1st wading trip so we went with a guide & threw croakers. My wife fishes all the time ,but I could never get her to wade. I love wading throwing soft plastics. Figured if I could get her on a good trip ,she may wade . Bought her some stingray boots last night & she said probably be the only time I wear them. I told her the 100 dollars is worth it for the pain IF something happened. We get out of the boat & the guide told me I'm not fishing, I'm gonna make sure your wife has a good time. They go one way & me & my son go another. They get 150 or so yards from the boat & see a big school of reds. She limits out on reds in the 1st 30 minutes. He told her this doesn't happen every time. LOL! Me & my son get into some good trout ,but right at end of tide ,so we had to move around & pick one up here & there. Wade back over to my wife & she has 2 trout. We find a school & between the 3 of us finish our limits by 9:30. A fabulous day for sure & she told the guide while they were fishing, I'm glad I bought these boots, I'm gonna be doing this more often. Not much better than a day on the bay with the family & catching fish.

Job well done.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Sweet! I wanna go!

Comment

Who was the guide service you used and what was the cost, if you don't mind my asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            Sweet! I wanna go!
            C'mon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
              Who was the guide service you used and what was the cost, if you don't mind my asking???
              PM sent

Comment

Good stuff David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah!!! Good stuff!!!

Comment

That is awesome! I need to link up with some guys to fish more. I am in Waco so it gets tough hauling down solo.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Made a trip to Matty this morning. My wife's 1st wading trip so we went with a guide & threw croakers. My wife fishes all the time ,but I could never get her to wade. I love wading throwing soft plastics. Figured if I could get her on a good trip ,she may wade . Bought her some stingray boots last night & she said probably be the only time I wear them. I told her the 100 dollars is worth it for the pain IF something happened. We get out of the boat & the guide told me I'm not fishing, I'm gonna make sure your wife has a good time. They go one way & me & my son go another. They get 150 or so yards from the boat & see a big school of reds. She limits out on reds in the 1st 30 minutes. He told her this doesn't happen every time. LOL! Me & my son get into some good trout ,but right at end of tide ,so we had to move around & pick one up here & there. Wade back over to my wife & she has 2 trout. We find a school & between the 3 of us finish our limits by 9:30. A fabulous day for sure & she told the guide while they were fishing, I'm glad I bought these boots, I'm gonna be doing this more often. Not much better than a day on the bay with the family & catching fish.

Dang good haul!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congratulations on a fine day of fishin'!! Looks like you picked the right guide AND he's wearing a Texas Cull-hunter's T-Shirt... Only the best get to wear those!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Congratulations on a fine day of fishin'!! Looks like you picked the right guide AND he's wearing a Texas Cull-hunter's T-Shirt... Only the best get to wear those!
                              Thanks Everyone on the Congrats! Much Appreciated !
                              SS ,that is my son, FVRJR on here in the shirt!
                              I can guarantee you the guide, Ray is a Great guy too & would be able to wear that shirt!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X