What did I buy....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I buy....??

The wife and I went to Tyler yesterday just hanging out without any kids and ended up doing some Pawn Shop shopping. I have been wanting to start taking pictures and video while hunting for a few years now but, know nothing about cameras or video cameras. Well while looking around at one of the Pawn Shops I found a Nikon D3200 with a AF-S nikkor 18-55mm lens. I thought it was way out of my price range "they wanted 300" the guy behind the counter then started bringing out the bag that went with it. The Nikon bag had another lens Nikon 55-200 with two more batteries all the cables, remote, and all of the warranty paper work. As I am looking at all of this not really looking knowing what it is my wife is googling pieces and parts and tells me I need to buy this camera. Now back to my question what is it that I have exactly? All I want to do is take pictures of wildlife while hunting and maybe some video. Also what do I need to learn first..???

If it is in good condition, then yes it is a good deal. I usually use what's average price as a reference for what things are worth used and in great condition. That camera shows up for 350 and up. Even for personal (non business) listings.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Comment

If it is in good working condition then YES, it is a good price. I have an older D3100 and it takes great pics plus HD video. They used to sell that kit with both lenses, batteries and bag for about $600 to &700. Great camera to start taking good digital photos.

Buy it.

Comment

I now see that you bought it. Good grab. Now go to kenrockwell.com and learn. He is the Nikon guru and has tons of great info on his website.

Comment

My wife is usually telling me what NOT to buy!

Comment

Thank you for all of the response guess I need to go start shooting... Just wish I had more artistic ability....!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swanjts View Post
              I now see that you bought it. Good grab. Now go to kenrockwell.com and learn. He is the Nikon guru and has tons of great info on his website.
              So I visited this website and did some reading. I want to say thank you for the tip and I am sure there are a lot of people who that website will help..!!!! Now for me all I can say is you got any more suggestions that are more along the lines of the guy uses Crayon to write the instructions.. I don't even know what all the crap he was saying my camera would is.......

Comment

I'll give you 10% over what you payed for it tomorrow
                Good buy and best thing you can do is find someone who can show you what you have. All the videos in the world cannot compare with hands on training.
                Good luck with your new toy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Put it in Auto mode and start shooting. Keep reading from the kenrockwell.com website and you will pick things up. Also, take it to a camera shop and let them help you understand some basics. If you can find a friend that is a photographer or someone that you know that shoots a good digital SLR, then ask them for some help. Just play with it. The great thing is that there is no cost for film or developing. If you don't like what you get, just delete it.

Comment

Watch this, he explains the basics and how to start taking photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The good news is those cameras will take care of everything for you on all the different auto modes and it has a built in teaching mode as well. You really just need good subject matter!

Comment

Working...
                      X