Youth rifle and caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth rifle and caliber

Looking to get a new rifle for my kids. My 10year old daughter is lights out with my AR 300BLK at 100 yards, but I also want a bolt action rifle for them.
    What other calibers and gun models should I consider for whitetail at 100 yards?
    So far, I like the Ruger American Compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds lik you have it covered. I started my daiughter out with an AR due to the colllapsable stock and minimal recoil. We moved up to a Ruger American in 300BO this year. She’s a petite 11 year old girl. We will probably move up to a 7-08 in a few more years. The Ruger American compact is hard to beat for a kid.

Comment

My son started with a at-15, then I got him a Ruger Compact in 22-250. It was great and I highly recommend it but in a bigger caliber like 243. This year my son started using my wife's Remington 700 youth 243 and loves it. Most of the deer with the 22-250 would run a ways before dropping even though he was making perfect behind the shoulder shots. This year with the 243 everything has dropped like a sack of potatoes and he loves it.

Comment

257 Roberts

Comment

6.5 Maaaaanbuuuuun

Comment

6.5 creed or 7-08

Comment

.243, period!

Comment

6.5 with big recoil pad.

Comment

Bought my daughter a 243. For my son I got a 3006 and used Remington 50% recoil. I didn't want to have to buy him another gun in a few years when we went on a elk hunt. They shot great and felt like the 243. Wish I would have thought of it before I bought my daughters 243. They also make them in 270.

Comment

Rem model 7 243 done

Comment

We got my 9 yr old son a 7-08 for Christmas and he's doing good with it..

Comment

My son has gotten a ton of use out of his Ruger American 243. Hard to find a better rifle for kids IMO.

Comment

For white tails? A 6.5 grendel in a micro action. I'm not a little kid and I want one.

Comment

Started both of mine on H&R handi-rifles in this caliber

Comment

All the above and don't overlook the .260 Rem. It's the creed without the bun !

Comment

Working...
                              X