Bassmaster drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bassmaster drama

Anyone else been following the big news in the fishing industry? Seems KVD and all the big names have performed a coup and defected to a newly created league next year backed by Johnny Morris the Bass Pro shops owner, things must have been bad

Havnt heard this, in for more info.

Comment

Yea my son follows all the tournement fishing closely, and he was saying all the big names are jumping over. The nice thing is its catch and release, no more weigh ins. I think it will be a better format. I believe he said it will be major league fishing, or similar rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
        Havnt heard this, in for more info.

Comment

Does anyone think this will affect the bassmaster tournament on lake Fork next spring?, I heard the Toyota sponsorship is leaving to this new league also.

Comment

The bassmaster “elites” are the minor leagues now. Just about everybody jumped ship.

Comment

They been flirting with it for a couple of seasons. Don't know about a coup. They have done catch and release on a couple of tourneys. Rayburn was one of them. They then started the Major League fishing series, which is really cool but there isn't any weigh ins and the public is the odd man out, or it seems that way.

Comment

A few years ago all the big names in rodeo decided to leave and start the ERA(Elite Rodeo Association) but it failed and went back to the PRCA. I’m sure they think they can make more money but not always true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will give the anglers an actual say in their future as well as give them more opportunities for their sponsors with more tv coverage as well. Typically only the top couple guys in the elites got coverage. BASS tried to counter with lower entry’s and more payout but it was too late. The majority of all the guys on tour are struggling and with better payouts and lower entries won’t have to rely on the sponsors dollars that all are trying for. I hope it works out for the anglers. Should be interesting

Comment

It’ll be good I like the way major league fishing does it

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      They been flirting with it for a couple of seasons. Don't know about a coup. They have done catch and release on a couple of tourneys. Rayburn was one of them. They then started the Major League fishing series, which is really cool but there isn't any weigh ins and the public is the odd man out, or it seems that way.
                      This is what has me wondering about the success...sure, you'll have tv ratings that will be good, but the lack of drama at the weigh ins make me wonder how long chambers of commerce will be willing to dole out money for tournaments to come if they're not getting crowds coming to events. Or maybe BPS doesn't need to be swayed by money to go to lakes...it'll be interesting to see how the business side of it all works

Comment

Arent most of the guys that jumped over sponsored by bass pro or one of their companies? No surprise that they’re following their paycheck over

Comment

6" creme pumpkin worm can catch as many bass today as it did in "74. Let that soak in.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            This is what has me wondering about the success...sure, you'll have tv ratings that will be good, but the lack of drama at the weigh ins make me wonder how long chambers of commerce will be willing to dole out money for tournaments to come if they're not getting crowds coming to events. Or maybe BPS doesn't need to be swayed by money to go to lakes...it'll be interesting to see how the business side of it all works
                            Thats the deal they don't need the money from local chambers of commerce they have two billionaires behind this deal Johnny Morris and the guy that owns the LA Rams. There will be network TV coverage of tournaments on CBS before select PGA golf events, be interesting to see if it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                              A few years ago all the big names in rodeo decided to leave and start the ERA(Elite Rodeo Association) but it failed and went back to the PRCA. I’m sure they think they can make more money but not always true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This one is backed by Johnny Morris and Kroenke sports and entertainment. I think BASS will fail before this new trail does. Too much money behind it.

Not super enthused about it. Watching them fish for dinks is boring but they deserve more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X