Krivoman hunting blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman hunting blinds

Who has experience with Krivoman poly hunting blinds? Pros and cons? Was wondering if there's a clearance problem with the roof and if the windows were set to high for trad bows? Thanks for and input. DG

I thought the same thing about the windows but they are not too high. I have made shots as close as 6yds with no problems. I put shoot through netting on mine and it works great. I’ve shot both longbows and recurves out of the blind with no problems. It is really the best bow hunting investment I’ve made. The only drawback is they are pretty hot during the early season but that’s just the bow season in Texas . Highly recommended.

Comment

Per Mitch the only time they have issues for shots is if you elevate them too high and are trying to take a close shot. Off the ground there is zero issues.

Comment

I would love to have one of these, but they don't make them tall enough for my needs.

I though about getting one, and making it taller with a footing, but then I would most definitely have to also lower the windows.

Rick

Comment

I shoot a 60" bow from mine without canting. The blind platform is only 4' off the ground but I might have trouble if my target was at less than about 8 yards. One key is getting the right stool - too high and your limb will bump the roof - too low and you will have trouble with close targets. Once I figured out the optimum height I built a stool to those measurements. I attached a boat seat pedestal to a wood base with a padded boat seat on top.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            I would love to have one of these, but they don't make them tall enough for my needs.

I though about getting one, and making it taller with a footing, but then I would most definitely have to also lower the windows.

Rick
            How could you need it taller??? I can shoot my 72" bow out of this blind, no problem.

Dirk, I have 2 of them. I bought mine with no windows, and cut the holes where I wanted them. I also have shoot thru netting in my window holes (no windows that close). These are the 2 best ground blinds I have ever had!!!! I have sat in the blinds with the factory installed windows, and while the bottom is a bit higher than I like, you can still hunt out of them with a stick bow.

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 03-07-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              How could you need it taller??? I can shoot my 72" bow out of this blind, no problem.

Bisch
              I don't cant, unless I have to, and I don't want to have to.

I also have bad knees, so I like to set with my legs bent only to slightly more than 90 degrees, and be comfortable.

When setting in that position, the top limb of my bow in shooting position is just a bit over 6'. When you shoot, the bow rolls forward, and when the blind is domed (as most are) the top limb has a very good chance of making contact with the ceiling.

I'm much more comfortable with 80" or more of center height.

Rick
              Last edited by RickBarbee; 03-07-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I have one on order now. They'll never see or smell you coming.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I can shoot my 62" out of it but it is close...you need to be aware of where the roof vent is to be not to hit it....

Comment

Dirk, I have 2 of them. I bought mine with no windows, and cut the holes where I wanted them. I also have shoot thru netting in my window holes (no windows that close). These are the 2 best ground blinds I have ever had!!!! I have sat in the blinds with the factory installed windows, and while the bottom is a bit higher than I like, you can still hunt out of them with a stick bow.

Bisch
                    I was concerned with a really close shot the windows would be to high. If you can cut your own window that would help. I know I have blinds that were tall enough until I had to raise my bow high enough to clear the window.

Comment

Bisch
                      how low from the bottom did you cut your windows? Thanks Durk.

Comment

Originally posted by n8vtxn1 View Post
                        how low from the bottom did you cut your windows? Thanks Durk.

I’ll have to go look, but what I did was to sit in my chair in the blind, and then decide where I wanted the hole to be. I’ll go up and measure in a little bit, and take a pic of how I did mine.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Krivoman hunting blinds

Durk, sorry, I got caught up in some things and forgot about this!

My seat height is 19”. The bottom of my windows are 26 1/2” from the ground. My windows are 11”W x 24”H.

Also, if you go with just a hole in the plastic like I did, you will need a reinforcing piece between the windows to keep the blind from wanting to buckle there. I used 2”flat aluminum because I had it on hand and it will not rust (see pic below).

View of blind from outside:

View of window from inside:

Reinforcing piece between windows mounted inside blind:

Hope this helps you out!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 03-19-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Krivoman hunting blinds

Also, if I was not going to use shoot thru netting in the windows, I would make the holes a lot smaller.

Bisch

Comment

I shot a 62" Samick Sage when I first started. I had a buck at about 6 or 7 yards in front of me on some hand corn. Granted I was a newbie. Granted I shot straight up no cant at the time. Honestly I was more concerned about the top limb hitting the top of the blind.
                              It was in a Maverick 6 shooter which is about equivalent in size. On a platform 6' high.
                              I drew and shot and the bottom limb hit the floor. Needless to say I missed and the buck spooked.
                              So it can take some fore thought and maneuvering to make sure.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X