Ice chest in truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
    I dont remember who it was, but there was a company at one time that made a mesh strap that was supposed to be almost thief proof. Seems like they were unaffiliated with and cooler company if I recall. My question is though, how do you cable or chain them? My RTIC has rope handles, so that wouldnt do any good to chain through them.
    Steelcore. I have one and use it all the time. No thefts yet

Comment

The FIRST & ONLY Heavy Duty Cooler Locking System Designed For High End Rotomolded Coolers! Tired of hiding, covering, or leaving your cooler at home? DENY® gives you your cooler life back with the world's first patented cooler lock & securement system!

this looks well done

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Bison was offering them but dont see them on the site now. I bought one direct cheaper but cant remember who. There was also a video of them on youtube and they couldnt be cut with a saw or cable cutters. Its something close to this

That coupled with the metal deal that goes thru the sides of the cooler and then the strap into the bed tie downs is what I do.

Those were pretty neat to make. I work for the company that makes the RTIC bottle openers and brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by bunkered13 View Post
          Those were pretty neat to make. I work for the company that makes the RTIC bottle openers and brackets.
          In the beginning it was a fella assigned to our robbery unit in his garage. He did make the display racks in their store on 290

Comment

he used to work for the company im at, he is a good guy. I saw him up here this week.

Comment

When I do leave my cooler in the bed, it's chained down with 3/8 hardened chain and a round storage unit lock. Chained both sides down if I can. Enough to make them move on if they don't want to work on it.

Comment

I have one of the Igloo Sportsmans and no one has bothered it. I guess it's not classy enough for them even though it keeps ice as well as my friends Yeti.

Comment

Deny locks I’ll second that!

Comment

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
                    Been lucky, carry a yeti locked in the back of my truck with a cable for 3 years now.
                    same. Mine might have been out of the bed of my truck 5 days out of the last 8 years.

Comment

When Chew and I went elk hunting the key broke off in the Yeti cable lock I had. I cut through it with a pair of tin snips in a few seconds. Didn't worry about replacing it after that.

Comment

Items left in the bed of trucks is just efficient product stocking of the convenience store for thieves.

Comment

Deny locks offers discounts if you e-mail them.

Comment

Heck I lost a 48qt igloo in the Walmart parking lot in Livingston one day. It wasn't the cooler that got my goat so bad but the 12 bottles of cold Shiner Bock that were inside. Been wanting to go back with a cooler of snakes and watch the show. When I was a little younger we did it with a purse, heck of a show.

Comment

I use a cordless angle grinder for work. I'm sure one of those with a cut off blade would make short work of a cable or chain.

Comment

Lock just keep the honest people from getting it. If they really want it they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X