Helical or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helical or not?

Any body out there switched from, let's say, a 2 deg ang to a helical? And what ang, and did it help. And while I'm at it, anybody switch to 3" fusion vanes?

I shot 8* off set for years then switched to 6* helical...aint looked back.

Comment

We don't shoot smoothbore rifles, so why would we shoot straight fletching? Helical, and as much as I can twist on.

Comment

I use the Arizona mini fletch with the blazer vain and I believe that it has helped me

Comment

Helical

Comment

Originally posted by Bisquick View Post
            I use the Arizona mini fletch with the blazer vain and I believe that it has helped me
            same here. love it.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              We don't shoot smoothbore rifles, so why would we shoot straight fletching? Helical, and as much as I can twist on.

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
              Helical
              Helical here too. Always and forever.

Comment

I understand that a helical will slow the arrow down a little, as compared to a 2 deg off set, but I hear that improves the down range accuracy a ton. I would rather be accurate than fast any day! Thanks for your opinions guys.

Comment

My testing showed that the increased spin actually kept the front up longer and closed my 20,30,40 and did not effect 50, 60 in relation to pin gap....so any speed lost is a mute point (to me). Far more forgiving with big fixed blades

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                    I understand that a helical will slow the arrow down a little, as compared to a 2 deg off set, but I hear that improves the down range accuracy a ton. I would rather be accurate than fast any day! Thanks for your opinions guys.
                    The slow down is so insignificant.

Comment

I went from Blazers to 3" Duravanes and really like them. At a bare minimum put a right offset on them. But like others have said, helical is better. Just don't shoot straight vanes with fixed broadheads.

Comment

The more the better! The more helical you can put on them, the better and faster it will stabilize your arrow.

Comment

X-whatever on the helical. Arizona Mini Right Helical is the way to go.

Comment

never known anyone to have to respace pins after going to helical. never seen anyone in a big fizz to refletch back to off set either.

seen a few poo poo the idea who hadn't tried helical.

Comment

Working...
                            X