Mathews dual cam shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews dual cam shooters

I have never been much of a speed guy, but as of recent, I have been wanting to get one for 3d. I have been looking at the chill and mr6, but am having a hard time deciding due to shooting a solo cam all of my bowhunting career. I am a loyal Mathews guy, so take it easy on me all you Bowtech fans . What say the GS?

The majority of Mathews 3d shooters will shoot either the C4 or the Apex 7 but if you like and shoot either one that you mentioned well, I say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
      The majority of Mathews 3d shooters will shoot either the C4 or the Apex 7 but if you like and shoot either one that you mentioned well, I say go for it.
      I guess I failed to mention that I would also like to be able to hunt with it, if I choose to do so. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I have an XLR8 70-80# bow for sale if you are interested...30" DL..

Comment

With all the major 3d orginazation a having speed limits, bying a bow that shoots 340 and turning it down to 295ish is a waste IMO. And they will be a little more difficult to shoot well at targets because of the short ATA and brace height.

Comment

I would rather have the forgiveness than the speed. You can't shoot faster than 288 anyway in some classes.

Comment

I owned a Monster m7 and now own a chill. The chill for me is a by far better shooting bow. I really enjoy shooting it, very smooth. I am getting 306 fps at 28.5 and 70 pounds shooting a gold tip velocity arrow. Plenty fast for me.

Comment

Originally posted by texanhoyt View Post
                I owned a Monster m7 and now own a chill. The chill for me is a by far better shooting bow. I really enjoy shooting it, very smooth. I am getting 306 fps at 28.5 and 70 pounds shooting a gold tip velocity arrow. Plenty fast for me.
                I think I'll go shoot the chill tonight. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Love my new MR5. Got it Saturday. Did this right off...
                  Last edited by EastTXHunter; 03-31-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

The MR7 is also an awesome shooting 3-d bow!

Comment

MR7 is a great bow you can use for 3d and for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        With all the major 3d orginazation a having speed limits, bying a bow that shoots 340 and turning it down to 295ish is a waste IMO. And they will be a little more difficult to shoot well at targets because of the short ATA and brace height.
                        Having the speed available gives you flexibility in your arrow and string weight options. Normal sized humans will never get the bow to actually hit it's IBO speeds out of a chrono.

If you have good form and follow through a sub 7 inch brace shouldn't scare anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                          You'd be surprised how many shoot Monsters now.

Their most notorious shooter, Levi Morgan, shoots and wins a lot with the Monster.

They're the perfect "do it all" Mathews on the market IMO.

Comment

I have a Monster 7 and love it, fast as well as forgiving.
                            33.5 ATA, 7" brace height, 4.3#, 80% let off,286fps
                            Adam, if you were closer, I'd let ya fling a few arrows with her!
                            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Love my M7; fast, accurate, forgiving, and easy to tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X