Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fixed blade broadheads do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Yes! Fly great! Durable! Blood trails have been good. I haven't been shocked by the size of the entrance/exit holes, but they are good. My experience is limited with them though. I have only shot my last 3 hogs with them.
    Sweet. We will see how they work out. I like the simple design.

Comment

Dan Evans never stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

Dan Evans never stops.

Those heads look nasty Jason I'm gonna have to try those out!! I'm stuck on G5 Strikers but those heads look sick!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOY View Post
          Deep six slick trick mags
          Beast killers!

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
            Here is a small sample of some of mine. Solid legend 125
            Old solid 125
            silver flame 125
            Are those blood runners?

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
              Are those blood runners?
              No. Looks like the name of each is up top

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                Those heads look nasty Jason I'm gonna have to try those out!! I'm stuck on G5 Strikers but those heads look sick!!

You choose from a steel or titanium collar. 100 and 125 grain. Or somethin like that. 080 thick blade. Ol JT Larkin turned me on to these the other day.

Trophy Taker's new A-TAC broadheads exude toughness and are engineered for accuracy and devastating penetration. The A-TAC ferrule is machined out of a solid chunk of stainless steel and features a 5/8" cutting diameter. A single piece, un-vented stainless steel blade slips through the ferrule and locks into place to round out the four blade design. This 0.080" thick main blade is twice as thick as most blades on the market and honed to a razor sharp edge. The cutting diameter of the main blade is 1 and 1/8" or 1 and 3/8" depending on the model. This cut-on-contact head has clearly been designed to hunt anything that a bowhunter is willing to pull a bow back on.

The A-TAC is available in standard threads and Deep Six threads...all Deep Six models feature a stainless steel collar that slips down over the arrow shaft for increased arrow toughness. Two of the Deep Six heads are designed to be glued directly into the shaft without an insert and are able to be optimized for Front of Center (FOC) due to their 10 grains per segment break-away design. The glue in models start at 225 grains and can be trimmed down to 175 grains.

Machined Collar: Sleeve over collar for slim shaft sizes adds extreme side strength
                440A Stainless Blade: 0.080" thick and scalpel sharp with 1 1/8" and 1 3/8" cutting diameter options
                416 Stainless Ferrule: Precisely machined from solid bar stock. Heat treated and honed scalpel sharp 5/8" diameter cutting edge
                Glue in Models Available for Slim Shafts (0.166 ID)
                Last edited by JW; 04-25-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

You choose from a steel or titanium collar. 100 and 125 grain. Or somethin like that. 080 thick blade. Ol JT Larkin turned me on to these the other day.

Trophy Taker's new A-TAC broadheads exude toughness and are engineered for accuracy and devastating penetration. The A-TAC ferrule is machined out of a solid chunk of stainless steel and features a 5/8" cutting diameter. A single piece, un-vented stainless steel blade slips through the ferrule and locks into place to round out the four blade design. This 0.080" thick main blade is twice as thick as most blades on the market and honed to a razor sharp edge. The cutting diameter of the main blade is 1 and 1/8" or 1 and 3/8" depending on the model. This cut-on-contact head has clearly been designed to hunt anything that a bowhunter is willing to pull a bow back on.

The A-TAC is available in standard threads and Deep Six threads...all Deep Six models feature a stainless steel collar that slips down over the arrow shaft for increased arrow toughness. Two of the Deep Six heads are designed to be glued directly into the shaft without an insert and are able to be optimized for Front of Center (FOC) due to their 10 grains per segment break-away design. The glue in models start at 225 grains and can be trimmed down to 175 grains.

Machined Collar: Sleeve over collar for slim shaft sizes adds extreme side strength
                  440A Stainless Blade: 0.080" thick and scalpel sharp with 1 1/8" and 1 3/8" cutting diameter options
                  416 Stainless Ferrule: Precisely machined from solid bar stock. Heat treated and honed scalpel sharp 5/8" diameter cutting edge

Holy crap!!!! The specs are awesome!! Deffinatly trying them out! How much are 125 grn heads cost?

Comment

Those heads look awesome. Now I have to go look them up. My wife is gonna be hacked at you for showing all these new things hahaha

Comment

Hard to beat a Striker Chris! I love everything about my Striker Mags, but my grouping. I can only keep a 3" average group at 20 yards. When shooting ramcats, tricks, or heartcraft, my groups drop to a 1.5-2" average. I must say though, I have shot probably 40+ hogs with striker mags and the all bleed well, cut big holes, don't run far, and stay together.

Comment

Dan Evans never stops.

I sure wish they made those heads with a little more blade Jason! I have a hard time shooting something with a small cutting diameter, but the look like they would fly tight and blow through anything you hit. Any chance they will make a mag? It took me a long time to shoot slick tricks because of the lower cutting diameter. However I guess the cutting surface is probably close to the same due to the 4 cutting edges?

Comment

Slick trick magnum

Comment

Holy crap!!!! The specs are awesome!! Deffinatly trying them out! How much are 125 grn heads cost?
                            No clue as to price yet. They are coming out in May.

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                            Those heads look awesome. Now I have to go look them up. My wife is gonna be hacked at you for showing all these new things hahaha

Lmao
                            Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            I sure wish they made those heads with a little more blade Jason! I have a hard time shooting something with a small cutting diameter, but the look like they would fly tight and blow through anything you hit. Any chance they will make a mag? It took me a long time to shoot slick tricks because of the lower cutting diameter. However I guess the cutting surface is probably close to the same due to the 4 cutting edges?

They are made for penetration and fast
                            bow speeds. Which is sorta an oxymoron. :-/

Comment

[QUOTE=Dan Evans never stops. [/QUOTE]

He has probably killed more and bigger public land Elk than anybody. You're right he never stops!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechshooter View Post
                                Right now I am shooting rage but am looking at some fixed blades, the slick tricks have caught my eye but I am wondering what you guys like and why? I like the slick tricks cuz of the short ferrel and thick blades.
                                Slick Tricks are all I have ever shot. Why fix it if it ain't broken? My arrows fly exactly the same with field tips and Slick Tricks. Gives me added confidence in taking the shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X