No announcement yet.

Ripcord help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good that you fixed it but i'd still take it back to the shop and have them switch it out for a new one...like rocky said, can you trust it??

i have two ripcords and they have been flawless for me

Comment

Yeah I'd definitely take it ack an exchange it. Either that or get a QAD

Comment

Just sold my QAD.
        I can trust it now that I worked on it.
        The internals have a catch key (tiny block) that holds it in the locked position.
        When it was in the fall position it was catching on a curve on the inside of the housing.

And as Nock1 said, it you gave the cord a little tug the spring fed block would release and work fine.

I cut one of my wife's nail files in have and filed the catch point down to a smooth draw back. Applied some oil from my clipper kit and cleaned all the shavings out
        Added more oil and buffed it as best I could.
        Put it back together and it actually works better than my old ripcord now.

Thanks again Rock!
        I probably never would've had the stones to take those 2 screws out if it weren't for you.
        They are actually a very simple device!

Comment

I've had to fix quite a few Ripcords, and yes, they are actually pretty simple.
          I hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            I've had to fix quite a few Ripcords, and yes, they are actually pretty simple.
            I hate them.
            I have worked on mine as well. Tore it apart to see why the yolk was falling so far down to the bow shelf. The little rubber stop had come loose (it was an old rest) so I just cut a piece off of some silicone tubing and superglued it in place of the old rubber. Worked like a charm but I now have a quad on my DXT and I prefer the QAD, this is my third one BTW.

Comment

Had mine for a few years and have no issues with it.

Comment

Working...
              X