X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks..

Comment

I'm right in line with KingsX.

Best case, I had him as 95" down and 46" up with giving him all I could. I'm a bit more conservative so I would hope he was 135" and then be excited whenever he taped bigger.

Pretty deer.

Comment

i'd say 5.5 yr old. being fairly new to this forum I dont want to step on anyones toes, but I dont know how he could only be 135? i've shot several deer in the 130-140 range and this rack dwarfs them. the deer in the area are not small bodied and this rack is huge on top of that body. I'd say he goes 150+.

Comment

I know the pics are dark and i might be wrong but too me it looks like he callus on his knees pretty bad, and i know this is a very good sign of maturity, he's also so short n stalky and younger deer are def more tall n lean...just first glance im thinking he is a mature 5.5+ yr ol deer....right at grossing 140 give or take a little
          Wish u had a pic of him looking to the side so we could see the nose, thats the only thing that doesnt make him look real old too me doesnt look like he has a roaman nose yet

Comment

My avatar buck is a 185lb deer.....140" 8-point with 24" main beams and 20" spread 11" g2's.......for this buck you posted to break 150" he would have to be 6" bigger on the 8-point frame over my avatar 8.

Do you think this buck you posted is a 146+" 8-point without the 4" of g4's that he has?

I know not all pictures or cameras do certain deer justice and I'm not saying you're wrong either.
            Last edited by KingsX; 09-08-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raider1 View Post
              i'd say 5.5 yr old. being fairly new to this forum I dont want to step on anyones toes, but I dont know how he could only be 135? i've shot several deer in the 130-140 range and this rack dwarfs them. the deer in the area are not small bodied and this rack is huge on top of that body. I'd say he goes 150+.
              What measurements are you coming up with to support 150+? You seem to know the deer in the area well. What do average deer in the are mainframe (mainbeams, spread, mass)?

You aren't stepping on anyone's toes. Heck, we're all just guessing off a few pictures. I'm a big fan of 'mainframing' deer and then adding uptines for in the field scoring. For instance, I could tell you on our McMullen County lease that we hunted for 10 years that the 'average' mature buck was going to mainframe at 95". 22-23" beams, 18" wide, and 32" of mass. If he was exceptionally heavy, wide, or long beamed then adjust accordingly. I also like to be conservative with my scoring because I hate to be dissappointed when I overjudge them.

Comment

Solid 140

Comment

138 & 5.5

Comment

144 and 4.5 years old

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                      My avatar buck is a 185lb deer.....140" 8-point with 24" main beams and 20" spread 11" g2's.......for this buck you posted to break 150" he would have to be 6" bigger on the 8-point frame over my avatar 8.

Do you think this buck you posted is a 146+" 8-point without the 4" of g4's that he has?
                      I am just guessing also:

19" spread
                      24" each main beam
                      G1's 5" each
                      G2's 10" each
                      G3's: 8" each
                      G4's: 2" each
                      mass 33"-34"

puts it at 150+

By no means do I think I am any better at this than anyone else on here, just giving my opinion. It's a nice deer and C-Mac needs to shoot it. Its real easy to score once its on the ground!!! Happy hunting to all

Comment

I have to agree with the guys saying 130-140. The velvet makes it real deceiving as far as the mass goes. We had trail cam pics of a split main beam 11 point last year and everyone thought he would bust 140. But after he dropped velvet he was around 120. And I just don’t think that your deer has the height to bust 140. But over all a nice mature deer, good luck running an arrow through him.

Comment

he is a solid 143 3.5 to 4.5 yr old

Comment

Originally posted by raider1 View Post
                            I am just guessing also:

19" spread
                            24" each main beam
                            G1's 5" each
                            G2's 10" each
                            G3's: 8" each
                            G4's: 2" each
                            mass 33"-34"

puts it at 150+

By no means do I think I am any better at this than anyone else on here, just giving my opinion. It's a nice deer and C-Mac needs to shoot it. Its real easy to score once its on the ground!!! Happy hunting to all
                            Make sure you guys post the actual dimensions once you ground check him. He's a beautiful deer by the way. Doesn't matter what he scores!!

Comment

Working...
                            X