Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inoculants and whats the best way to do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inoculants and whats the best way to do it?

What is the best way to incoculate the seeds?

I apply inoculate to my cow peas using a cement mixer. Dump in 100 lbs of seed, 2 bags of exceed inoculate, 2 cups of water in mixer, and run for a few minutes. Dump seeds back in sacks to dry off for a few hours. Shake seeds up to loosen the seeds that stuck together, then put in drill.

Comment

I usually dump in bucket and stir.
      Sometimes I dump inoculate in bag and shake.

Comment

We use an old mineral bucket and do it 50lb at a time with the right amount of moisture. Use a boat paddle to mix it.

Comment

I pour a bag of seed in the broadcaster and mix inoculate by hand. Never used liquid to make it stick. They've always seemed coated to me doing it dry.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
            We use an old mineral bucket and do it 50lb at a time with the right amount of moisture. Use a boat paddle to mix it.
            How much moisture and do you use water or something else?

Comment

Following. My lablab is innoculated but I/C peas are not to my knowledge

Comment

I’ve grown close to 100 acres if I/C peas and never done it. Always grew fantastic

Comment

WE pour a little water on a bucket of seed and stir. I think cola or something sticky works even better. I inoculate every year even though 'they say' if you've grown the crop in the previous year or two not necessary. But its too simple and cheap not to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I’ve grown close to 100 acres if I/C peas and never done it. Always grew fantastic
                    This. I've been growing peas and beans for years with excellent results and have never innoculated once.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Oh, they will grow. Inoculate just helps insure that the legumes affix nitrogen better. You could actually back off of your N number some on your fertilizer, which is the more expensive part. A higher P and K are recommended for legumes anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X