A/C window unit for deer stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C window unit for deer stand?

Has anyone ever installed a small A/C unit in their box blind? I was thinking of rigging up 2 40 watt panels on a deep cycle battery or 2 with a converter. This would be a bow blind but I'm thinking if I turn it on around lunch time it should be cool for the evening hunt during early season. It would be in the hill country so the deer are not super skittish. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
    Has anyone ever installed a small A/C unit in their box blind? I was thinking of rigging up 2 40 watt panels on a deep cycle battery or 2 with a converter. This would be a bow blind but I'm thinking if I turn it on around lunch time it should be cool for the evening hunt during early season. It would be in the hill country so the deer are not super skittish. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    My buddy did it, ran it with a Honda Suitcase generator!

Comment

Do it !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will need about 50 40W panels, but a small Honda generator would probably work better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          You will need about 50 40W panels, but a small Honda generator would probably work better.

Yea, two wouldn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Must hunt inside one of them tall fences.

Comment

I know a guy who ran electricity to his "condo" stand in South Texas. Dang thing was as tall as one of those fire watch towers up north with three landings on the stairs.

Fridge, lights AC, heat, domino table, television...tough hunting

Comment

Gaaawd I think I have heard it all now! If ya gotta have an AC unit in your deer blind then perhaps it's time to take up a new sport. Perhaps something like tiddly winks (played indoors of course) or indoor water volleyball...………..
                That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                  Gaaawd I think I have heard it all now! If ya gotta have an AC unit in your deer blind then perhaps it's time to take up a new sport. Perhaps something like tiddly winks (played indoors of course) or indoor water volleyball...………..
                  My wife told me the same when I bought a Mr Buddy heater. I replied to her with," it doesn't say anywhere in the hunting rule books that you have to be miserable while hunting".

Comment

When I go to the woods to kill a big mature east texas buck, A portable generator and an ac window unit are the last two things in my bag of tricks....

Just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                      I've put heaters in most of mine for when it is cold, If I wanted to set and watch grass at 100 degrees, I would put an AC unit in one. I actually shot at a pig this morning at 8:30. HE was over 500 yards, and I was shooting a 22-250. I don't know if I hit him but he got out of my hay meadow ASAP, and I kept shootin the whole way out of the field!

Comment

I hog hunted from a blind with one ran by solar on a corporate hunt. It was pretty stinkin nice. I probably wouldn't spend the time to do it but I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
                          My wife told me the same when I bought a Mr Buddy heater. I replied to her with," it doesn't say anywhere in the hunting rule books that you have to be miserable while hunting".
                          True and I agree 100% with regards to heating. We used to put a roll of toilet paper soaked in alcohol in a coffee can for a heater when I was a kid but an AC unit in a deer blind!?! That is found in the man card regulation book. It's right there next to the men wearing bloomers rule.

Comment

I don't think bloomers and A/C while hunting are in the same rule book.

Comment

I wouldn’t do it, but believe me I’ve thought about it. Sat from dawn to dusk many days in 90 degree heat bowhunting antelope. You’d be surprised where your thoughts go when you’re delirious

Comment

Working...
                              X