Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Is this over for the Houston area? Still can’t believe all the rain around and it largely missed the entire greater Houston area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Through tomorrow afternoon there is a good chance for rain. Not saying it will / won't be heavy rain, nor that all areas will get rain but we still have very high moisture levels flowing in from the gulf, and low convective temperatures. May take a little longer to get storms firing off with the heavy cloud cover today, but we should see more development. I don't want to see one of these fire hose type training bands set up over our area though, like we have seen to our East & South.

Comment

Appears it may not be over... radar blew up the last few hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not quite over but looks to be the last round of it. If everyone can just make it through tonight.

Comment

I got a better report from the Bridge City / Orangefield area that differs from the local news. Initial reports were 5.93" and then heard 11.47" from Greg Bostwick for Bridge City. My sister lives 8 miles north of Orange and had 4.5" since Monday morning. A local neighbor has a gauge and he recorded a little over 14" in Orangefield on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I got a better report from the Bridge City / Orangefield area that differs from the local news. Initial reports were 5.93" and then heard 11.47" from Greg Bostwick for Bridge City. My sister lives 8 miles north of Orange and had 4.5" since Monday morning. A local neighbor has a gauge and he recorded a little over 14" in Orangefield on Tuesday.
            We had about 4.5 to 5 here in Little Cypress since Monday too

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
              Through tomorrow afternoon there is a good chance for rain. Not saying it will / won't be heavy rain, nor that all areas will get rain but we still have very high moisture levels flowing in from the gulf, and low convective temperatures. May take a little longer to get storms firing off with the heavy cloud cover today, but we should see more development. I don't want to see one of these fire hose type training bands set up over our area though, like we have seen to our East & South.
              Like the one currently between Houston and Beaumont. Geez!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Like the one currently between Houston and Beaumont. Geez!
                Radar showing another train coming later tonight.

Not good.

Comment

I was at 6-7/8" yesterday evening when the rain stopped. It poured overnight, and it's still gettin' it this morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X