Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bible says who turns there back on Israel then God will turn his back to them .if you think this whole thing is about oil you have been listening to micheal Moore wat too much

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      No they are, make no doubt about it, always will be. It's a funny thing.
      Another one that makes you scratch your head, why did jesus have to die for the sins of the whole world. We inherited sin from adam, so how was the whole world responsible? We fell from grace when 2 people ate some fruit. Now the whole world has the option to burn in hell...
      We inherited a propensity toward sin from Adam. Regardless, I have sinned probably every day of my life and am in need of a savior. So I’ve checked that box all by myself. Obviously this (my) belief is predicated on the notion that there is good and evil, which necessitates a supreme arbiter of what constitutes them.

God’s character cannot allow sin in His presence. It is a level of Love, goodness, purity, etc. that we cannot comprehend. So he put the cookies on the lowest shelf and simply asks that we accept Christ as atonement for our shortcomings. Pride of Man is all that sits between fallen man and His eternal presence.

Comment

The difference between Christianity & all other religions was answered by C.S. Lewis years ago....It’s GRACE

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
          The Bible says who turns there back on Israel then God will turn his back to them .if you think this whole thing is about oil you have been listening to micheal Moore wat too much
          Asked a question (no more, no less) as it is obviously interesting how things changed in the last few decades post WWII. Was that verse in the new testament?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            God is good. That is all.

The Astros won the WS. Divine intervention. No other way to explain it. You are correct though, God is good and just.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let’s say you go to one of them big tent meetings they used to have when we were younger and was invited by a saved girlfriend and you heard the gospel and the Holy Spirit moves you and you accepted the lord that night and you was born again instantly if you truly believed Jesus is your savior. And you and that same girl went to get ice cream afterwards and ran a stop sign and got hit by a truck and the boy dies !! He is going to heaven without baptism .. ( I know a dramatic story) just trying to make a point

Comment

The Bible says , For by Grace you are saved, through Faith...

Comment

Zechariah 12:9

Comment

Man cannot be saved by baptism is merely your point of view. I've met plenty who believe you must be baptized. Who's right, who's wrong? Which religion do you place your bet with?
                    The way I was raised, they believed in 2 works of grace to get to heaven. Saved and sanctified.
                    Used to be mind boggling to me.
                    ?? Not my POV, it’s in scripture. In all of history no other textual authority has been brought forth, and there’s hundreds of prophecies fulfilled throughout the OT. Can’t orchestrate this stuff, and they defy the laws of mathematical probability. Even Josephus (non-canonical) records ~500 witnesses seeing Jesus Christ in person post-crucifixion. Where’s the body? Weren’t Romans professional executioners? Jesus was perceived as an empirial threat, they absolutely killed him, that’s widely understood by even secular historians. It defies common sense to swim upstream of these recordings.

Every other religion and worldview is based upon dead people or relative teachings backed up by no prophecy whatsoever, aside from false-prophecy, outlined in scripture, that predates those false teachings.

So it’s an obvious choice for me. I don’t need to (read=cannot) put God inside the box (laws of physics) he created in order to understand that He is real and that He offered his son as the final sacrifice...
                    Last edited by woodsman; 03-18-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      The Astros won the WS. Divine intervention. No other way to explain it. You are correct though, God is good and just.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Obviously he loves the Stros...Rangers...not so much

Comment

Man. I’ve been on vacation and while catching up I came across this thread. Quite interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          God is good. That is all.
                          We must not have read the same Bible.

Comment

Man cannot be saved by baptism is merely your point of view. I've met plenty who believe you must be baptized. Who's right, who's wrong? Which religion do you place your bet with?
                            The way I was raised, they believed in 2 works of grace to get to heaven. Saved and sanctified.
                            Used to be mind boggling to me.
                            Also, the criminal on the cross (likely a thief or murderer) trusted Jesus as personal savior before he died, and Jesus responded that he would join him in paradise that very day. No baptism and straight to heaven he went.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Now be honest WHY people believe the bolded. I think we all know but somehow I doubt you admit to why though.
                              The sentence literally explains itself. A lack of compelling evidence.

Clearly you think it’s something more devious, so do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                                We must not have read the same Bible.
                                Or.. you're not as intellectual as you try to make everyone think you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X