Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevePlemons View Post
    So there are two sides to every story...here is what really happened here. I am the son in law of the land owner. The land owner for one lives on the ranch. This “deer tamale”been in this group for three years, but the majority of this group has been hunting here for 12-15 years. I have been helping my father in law for 23 years. The land owner, my father in law, is a great man that respects what his hunters have leased. We have had a great relationship with these guys. So let me set some facts straight:
    1: we had thanksgiving at the ranch as we always do and our refrigerator was full, we put 2 pies in the hunters cabin (which we built and put in the fridge). There was no one there at the time. One of the hunters came in late Wednesday night after we went to sleep. Once we saw they were back from hunting the next morning we went and got the pies out.
    2: DeerTamale was not even there. The guys had no issues.
    3: i asked the hunter who was there if he minded if I took my niece to set in a blind, her father does not hunt and she wanted to go and look at the deer. The hunter said that was great and told me where he was going and we went to the opposite side of the ranch. Not to shoot a deer but to be in the outdoors.
    4. My father in law raises sheep, we are lambing right now and have a coyote problem. Therefore we scheduled the helicopter when no one would be there so we didn’t mess their hunt up. We had already moved a date due to working around our hunters schedule. Also, the after the helicopter flew I watched 8 bucks, 3 mature at a feeder from on top of a hill. It did not seem to effect them
    5. As far as fences go, again this is a working ranch. We are replacing all of our fences. Maybe deer tamale shouldn’t have his feeder so close to the property line.
    6. So deer tamale. If you have want to bash someone why don’t you get the facts straight. Everything you mentioned was about half of the story. If you would like to visit with me further here is my number. 432-664-2204.

Man.... love this site!

In!

Comment

Sounds to me like a lack of communication from both sides.

Comment

Pass the popcorn please......

Comment

...and now we have...the rest of the story!

When I read the initial post I wondered why even post this if he hasn't met with the landowner and expressed his concern.

There are so many drama queens on TBH these days that feel like they have to start a thread on everything...what they were reading when they had their morning constitutional, or what their GF likes for breakfast, or things that hurt their feelings, or what is there to do in Pinedale , Wyoming, or...

Comment

wow.........don't sound like something that needed to be on TBH without a fair discussion and understanding!

Comment

And the thunder rolls....lightning strikes....another lease grows cold....

Comment

I foresee there be an opening on this lease next season.

Comment

Sounds like Deer tamale should post a looking for a lease pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                    And the thunder rolls....lightning strikes....another lease grows cold....
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      ...and now we have...the rest of the story!

When I read the initial post I wondered why even post this if he hasn't met with the landowner and expressed his concern.

There are so many drama queens on TBH these days that feel like they have to start a thread on everything...what they were reading when they had their morning constitutional, or what their GF likes for breakfast, or things that hurt their feelings, or what is there to do in Pinedale , Wyoming, or...
                      Lmao

Yep

Possible lease spot open.

Comment

**** iam in ( line for popcorn)

Comment

I'll take the opening under one condition if you guys put pie in the fridge I get to have some and it better be pecan cash in hand let me know
                          Last edited by slicktree; 11-24-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePlemons View Post
                            So there are two sides to every story...here is what really happened here. I am the son in law of the land owner. The land owner for one lives on the ranch. This “deer tamale”been in this group for three years, but the majority of this group has been hunting here for 12-15 years. I have been helping my father in law for 23 years. The land owner, my father in law, is a great man that respects what his hunters have leased. We have had a great relationship with these guys. So let me set some facts straight:
                            1: we had thanksgiving at the ranch as we always do and our refrigerator was full, we put 2 pies in the hunters cabin (which we built and put in the fridge). There was no one there at the time. One of the hunters came in late Wednesday night after we went to sleep. Once we saw they were back from hunting the next morning we went and got the pies out.
                            2: DeerTamale was not even there. The guys had no issues.
                            3: i asked the hunter who was there if he minded if I took my niece to set in a blind, her father does not hunt and she wanted to go and look at the deer. The hunter said that was great and told me where he was going and we went to the opposite side of the ranch. Not to shoot a deer but to be in the outdoors.
                            4. My father in law raises sheep, we are lambing right now and have a coyote problem. Therefore we scheduled the helicopter when no one would be there so we didn’t mess their hunt up. We had already moved a date due to working around our hunters schedule. Also, the after the helicopter flew I watched 8 bucks, 3 mature at a feeder from on top of a hill. It did not seem to effect them
                            5. As far as fences go, again this is a working ranch. We are replacing all of our fences. Maybe deer tamale shouldn’t have his feeder so close to the property line.
                            6. So deer tamale. If you have want to bash someone why don’t you get the facts straight. Everything you mentioned was about half of the story. If you would like to visit with me further here is my number. 432-664-2204.
                            Thanks for clearing things up. Hopefully these kind of issues can be avoided in the future with more communication.
                            Welcome to the forum...

Comment

Who would of thought that both parties are texasbowhunter members lol

Comment

If I find pies in the hunter's fridge I'm eating them, probably both lol

Comment

Working...
                                X