Hunting question... Rain + Scent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting question... Rain + Scent

Did a quick search and didn’t see anything so was curious. Does rain help dampen your scent?

Wanting to hunt this evening but wind direction was kinda meh but there’s a heavy mist border line light rain and was curious how much or if at all it helps?

Usual scent elimination spray and cuddling with a cedar bush will occur before getting in the blind but was curious...

Thanks in advance

Go! I will be out there rain or shine. I see more deer at the house during a light rain or just after one.
    Rained at the house a little yesterday and this guy showed up.
    Attached Files

Comment

High humidity = good scenting conditions for animals. A moderate to heavy rain might be good for the hunter, but I don't know how you would prove that.

Comment

If you put a drop of food coloring in a sink of water, it dilutes the color but increases the volume of weakened color. Same with scent. May be diluted but will be there. And as mentioned high humidity = better scent conditions. Too early in a long season to be throwing away set ups on iffy winds (imho) reguadless of rain or shine

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Did a quick search and didn’t see anything so was curious. Does rain help dampen your scent?

Wanting to hunt this evening but wind direction was kinda meh but there’s a heavy mist border line light rain and was curious how much or if at all it helps?

Usual scent elimination spray and cuddling with a cedar bush will occur before getting in the blind but was curious...

Thanks in advance
          you ever fart in the shower?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            Now that is backed up with true facts!!!

Comment

A light mist is good hunting. It keeps the scent on the ground longer especially during the rug

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                That’s the science I️ was hoping to be shown!

Comment

Working...
                X