No announcement yet.

Not excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, a thread about whos not ready or excited for Texas bow season on texasbowhunter.com? Come on, do whatever you want but let the rest of us enjoy the first weekend we can hunt! Its a big deal for most folks!

Comment

for this weekend no, but for the season overall heck yeah! I was just able to get to our place last weekend to clean up after harvey and it was a mess so I am going to hold off this weekend and just get ready for my archery hunt at Matador for 5 days on the 16th.

Comment

I am not excited because i have to go to a wedding. You guys are crazy, if i was able to go i would be stoked.

Comment

I'll be there. forecasted temps 75-83
          Opening weekend buck
          Attached Files

Comment

The older I get, seems to be a little later in the season for me to get into the flow. I haven't even shot my bow this year. I have been busy killing pigs and playing with my new suppressors though. That could have something to do with it. Already been a good killing month, 5 skunks and 26 pigs...

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              Anytime I get the chance to sit in the woods and hear them come “alive” I get excited...I get to pig hunt all year...typically in the evenings and at night...so yes, the first chance I get to pull a morning sit, you can bet I’ll be there...and be excited! If not to see a shooter deer, it’ll be to just sit and reflect on past hunts and successes.

Hunting is what you make it. I try to make it great no matter the circumstances.

Skinny

My thoughts exactly! A good attitude goes a long way on making any hunt successful.

Comment

Life is busy as heck right now so it actually seems like more of a hassle trying to get everything ready for this weekend. Hopefully that will all go away come first light on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I'm not excited but I'm usually not. Not until I get in the stand and start hearing stuff move around real close in the dark. Then when I decide I want to shoot a particular deer...that's when it happens. And then once shot I realize I have to do all the work and excitement leaves as fast as it came.
                  Haha!! I feel your pain!

Comment

I actually am excited finally have a few deer coming in but all the rain fall has really limited my access to my hunting areas and plus Sunday im headed to Houston to assist in hurricane Harvey relief for about 7-10 days.

Comment

I'm pumped. Leaving in the morning to hunt axis tomorrow evening, and then axis and/or whitetail the rest of the weekend. It may be too muddy to drive around without rutting up the roads. If so, I'll walk in and pack out. It's deer season!

Comment

Been really busy with work and got a couple feeders going not even 3 weeks ago. Don't even have any game cams up.

I live within an hour of my lease so I'm going to give it a shot on Saturday. Actually, I'm kind of pumped about it and have no idea what's been coming in. Going old school this year.

Comment

Not really excited about this weekend. Been told I can't shoot a mature buck this year, so really don't have a good reason to even go. Just not that interested in shooting a cull buck or a doe.

Comment

I'm super pumped. We put in hard work all year, we have good deer on camera, and it will be a comfortable temperature to sit in a box blind. Not as cool as predicted but certainly cooler than usual opening weekend of bow season.

But most of all, and no matter the results hunting, I will be out of the city spending time DEER HUNTING. Season is finally here!

Comment

I get pretty excited, all during bow season watching our bucks , then opening day of rifle my fellow lease hunters
                              Blast every single buck with any trophy potential, that is the buzz kill for me

Comment

I'm very thankful to have a place to hunt, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit discouraged by the disappearing act my deer have pulled over the last two weeks. Will still have a great time, but I'm just hoping to catch a glimpse of a deer at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X