• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Yaga's?
    I imagine he's talking about DiBella's

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Is fish tales not around anymore? Havent seen it mentioned. I always liked it, think it was kinda pricey but was always good food from what I remember
      It's still around. I like to go there and have a beer on the patio but the food is just OK. Mostly fried seafood.

Comment

going to galveston this weekend - anyone played golf at the course in Texas City? Moody Gardens was too expensive so we are going to take the 15 minute drive to Texas City

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
          going to galveston this weekend - anyone played golf at the course in Texas City? Moody Gardens was too expensive so we are going to take the 15 minute drive to Texas City
          Bring cans of bug spray and some envelopes for the postage stamp greens. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            I work less than 30 min away, lots of coworkers from Galveston that hate the place, and also put very little stock in reviews like that. What are they comparing it to or do they know seafood. I could easily name two dozen places much better. Including some seafood markets.

Im not saying your or your compadres opinions aren't valid Im just curious as to why some people dislike it so much and some think its really good. It'd be one thing if you had a one time bad experience while visiting but that wouldn't be true of locals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Im not saying your or your compadres opinions aren't valid Im just curious as to why some people dislike it so much and some think its really good. It'd be one thing if you had a one time bad experience while visiting but that wouldn't be true of locals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I can't speak for Bayouboy, but I know for me personally the quality has gone down hill in the past. Gaidos and the Pelican Club used to be great places to get a fresh caught seafood meal. The last few times I went, it was more like a typical chain seafood restaurant. Not bad, just not the quality it had been in the past. For me, it was like eating at any of the Landrys tourist traps. Good, not great; and expensive. JMHO

Comment

Rudy and Paco is the best place I've been to on the island and I highly recommend it. If its good, its not going to be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X