• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'dad pictures' are fantastic. Great year for you

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      The 'dad pictures' are fantastic. Great year for you
      My favorite thing on Earth is taking him hunting. He had a really hard year with mom teetering on the edge of death for so long. Thank the Lord she is improving now. They have been married 60 years. Hardly ever separated. He didnt see her for almost 2 months.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 01-27-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
        He looks like the BIG brother to the one I shot this year

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
        Yep. Cool fused tines.

Comment

One of my all time favorite threads.

Congrats on a great year.

Rwc

Comment

Congratulations Steve on a great year

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice year Steve congratulations!

Comment

Ditto! one of My Favorite threads to follow

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Congrats on an excellent East Tx season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations brother Steve! Thank you for taking the time to post up and share you and your family's experiences in the deer woods and life in general! There's more deer wisdom in this thread than any other single place on the net that I can think of; wisdom that can be applied to deer hunting anywhere. Like you, I grew up in the deer woods in East Texas and I've always said that anyone who can successfully hunt and kill mature deer in East Texas can successfully hunt deer anywhere. To my experience, it is the most challenging area in this country to hunt white-tailed deer and you and your family have done it successfully for many, many years!
                    Thanks again old friend and tell your mom n dad congratulations as well.

Comment

Heck of year bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Congratulations brother Steve! Thank you for taking the time to post up and share you and your family's experiences in the deer woods and life in general! There's more deer wisdom in this thread than any other single place on the net that I can think of; wisdom that can be applied to deer hunting anywhere. Like you, I grew up in the deer woods in East Texas and I've always said that anyone who can successfully hunt and kill mature deer in East Texas can successfully hunt deer anywhere. To my experience, it is the most challenging area in this country to hunt white-tailed deer and you and your family have done it successfully for many, many years!

Ditto! Well said Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Thank you Charlie. I'm gonna go on the safe side and guess there have been at least 20 tbhers contact me and thank me for " helping" them kill their best deer. Some of them PMed me and asked advice. Others just changed the way they hunted after this thread. Really makes me feel good to hear that. Several times I have quit posting for a while. I appreciate your comments as well as the others.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                            Some really nice bucks Garguy! And Jim Beam with a Crossbow is an unusual name! [emoji2957]

Ha. He had J shaped beams. I was talking to my neighbor early in the fall and described him that way J Beam deer. He started calling him Jim Beam from that and it stuck.

Comment

No hide nor hair of Fiddy, huh? Sure would like to know what ever became of that sucker!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                He is either looking tuff or just realized he tagged out in houston co. lol. Anyway great deer with g3s almost a foot long.
                                How many bucks was that? Looked like the same deer except for the brow tines. Good for him and enjoy reading your post

Comment

Working...
                                X