No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been waiting on this video since the one you did last yr. Thanks for putting it together it did not disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      GG, youre the first person I ever heard say anything good about Lespedeza. Might need to look into this. We have it on our lease.

I would like to hear other opinions about it
      The facts are better than opinion. Super high nutrients right when the bucks need it. Grows fantastic in wet or dry years.

Comment

Wow what a video

Comment

Heck of a video!! Those bucks are amazing! You’ve answered this before, but what do your bucks weigh pre-rut in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
            Heck of a video!! Those bucks are amazing! You’ve answered this before, but what do your bucks weigh pre-rut in Mexico?
            Depends on rainfall but generally weights are 220-240 though we don't weigh them much anymore. Think the heaviest one was around 275

Comment

Wow, thank you for getting us all excited for this season! I’m on my second year of hunting Mexico and have high hopes for this year. We saw some really nice deer last year, but only took 1 trophy on 12,000 acres (mine).

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post

Depends on rainfall but generally weights are 220-240 though we don't weigh them much anymore. Think the heaviest one was around 275
                Wow! Big big deer

Comment

Bump, was surprised this thread has not been active since September. Always enjoy reading thru.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

The facts are better than opinion. Super high nutrients right when the bucks need it. Grows fantastic in wet or dry years.
                    Do you plant Kobe Lespedeza? Where do you get the seeds? I can’t find it at any feed stores.

Comment

Rusty I have access to a no till drill and am looking to plant a summer plot in the 18 acre range. I’m looking for a blend with higher deer density that you may recommend planting spring/summer wise in east texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                        Rusty I have access to a no till drill and am looking to plant a summer plot in the 18 acre range. I’m looking for a blend with higher deer density that you may recommend planting spring/summer wise in east texas?
                        Whew, I haven't looked at this thread in a while. Kinda thought it was dead.

I think you are going to love the no till drill . Some suggestions include:
                        sunn hemp at 5 lbs acre
                        cowpeas at 25-50 lbs/acre { Depending on how extravagant you want to be you can experiment with other peas/beans as well.e purple hulls etc ]
                        buckwheat [ optional ] at 5-10 lbs/acre
                        sorghum almum ar 3-5 lbs acre--- good to have a grass in the mix for the soil
                        I'll add 1- 2 lbs/acre of okra sometimes
                        throw 1-2/ lbs/acre of chicory in if not already present in the field

If the drill has a small seed box put the chicory there.

I'll. be prepping drill to plant soon and I'll post the mix I'll be using [ similar to above ] along with drill settings. Think I have that on one of my YouTube?

Comment

A double post but here is a video of sheds from the ranch

Comment

Amazing video, great content, love the ranch house tour

Comment

Here are a few bucks from the farm we found last. season

Comment

I enjoyed the video Rusty! Excellent bucks as always!

Comment

Working...
                                X