Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

This is so sad

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Published on Jan 28, 2015
    Surveillance Video: Kristiana Coignard Killed by 2 Police Officers.

LONGVIEW (KYTX)- Longview Police Chief Don Dingler held a press conference this afternoon to talk about the officer-involved shooting death of Kristiana Coignard.

Chief Dingler named the officers involved as Officer Glenn Derr, Officer Grace Bagly, and Officer Gene Duffie. All three are on paid, administrative leave.
    Dingler says Coignard picked up the phone in the police lobby and asked for help, but wouldn't say what the problem was. Officer Glenn Derr observed written on Coignard's hand "I have a Gun." When Derr tried to subdue her, he saw a large butcher knife in her waistband that she was reaching for.

Officer Duffie arrived and attempted to use his taser on Coignard, but it didn't work. Coignard charged Derr, and he fired his gun three times while Officer Bagley fired twice. Coignard was hit four times.
    She was taken to Good Shepherd Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Chief Dingler says this is an active investigation and will be turned over to the Gregg County District Attorney when it's ready.

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Former Pine Tree High School student 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard is dead. She was shot and killed inside the Longview police department for allegedly coming after police with a knife. There is surveillance video of the incident, but right now, the Texas Rangers are holding off on releasing it.

CBS 19's Katiera Winfrey has the details.
    This was the scene moments after 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard was shot by police inside the Longview police department.
    "Certainly the police department lobby you don't think people will be coming here to do anything other than file your report or pay their tickets or whatever, so ti's something to think about," said Longview Police Spokeswoman Kristie Brian.
    Nearly a day later the scene is calm.

"It's really scary, people are getting a lot more brave these days, it's not a big surprise considering how I grew up," said Courtney Bonner.
    As of right now there are still unanswered questions. The biggest ones: Why did Coignard pick up this red phone, why did she need a knife?

"I guess she just snapped one day, it's scary felt like she had nobody to turn to."
    Bonner wasn't there last night and she doesn't know the teen, but she feels sympathy.When it comes to cases like this, police say there's not a lot of time when deciding whether to shoot.

"Luckily our lobby does have surveillance cameras, so we will have some video, I'm not sure what the video contains," said Brian.

Police go through many hours of training, and when these situations pop up it's up to the officer to make the call. Bonner said although she sympathizes with the teenager's family with the rising crime in Longview she supports the officer's actions.

"I think it's an isolated event. I don't think many people are going to wake up in the morning and challenge Gregg County," said Bonner.
    There were three officers involved in the incident. It is not clear how many fired a weapon. The names of those officers have not yet been released.

That's crazy. Wonder what really happened and/or what was troubling that girl so much?

Comment

Wow that's crazy. Maybe she was possessed..

Comment

From the video, one thing I don't understand is why it took that big cop so long to get her to the ground, I mean he was on her, then she was slammed to the ground and was not moving for a good amount of time. It's like they waited for her to get back up. Idk though. I was not there. Just going by what I can see in the video.

Comment

That was strange.

Comment

Yeah, easy to say i could subdue a 17 yr old girl, but some girls are pretty strong i guess.

Comment

She was apparently very into aliens, maybe she was an alien. Got these off her Facebook

Comment

Really really sad, i bet her friends and family are heartbroken.

Comment

Prayers up for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                    Yeah, easy to say i could subdue a 17 yr old girl, but some girls are pretty strong i guess.
                    I am sure it is very easy for alot of people to say how they would handle a certain situation until they are actually thrust in to it. Regardless of their size or gender I hope I never have to face a person coming at me with a butcher knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                      Really really sad, i bet her friends and family are heartbroken.
                      Yeah when I typed her name in Facebook it brought up the page her family made to remember her. It was very sad indeed

Comment

Where did you see the vid at? I don't care what sex they are or what age they are if they are coming at me with a knife I am going to defend myself, a little 17 year old girl can kill me just as dead with it as a big 28 year old man.

Comment

Wth

Comment

Extremely sad deal. Wonder if all those people from Missouri will show up and riot for her?

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                              Extremely sad deal. Wonder if all those people from Missouri will show up and riot for her?
                              Not

Comment

Working...
                              X